Author Topic: Intense stutter when using NVIDIA 960m (Post driver update)  (Read 1324 times)

So my laptop is the Lenovo Y700 which runs the 960m chip in it. It has integrated intel 530 graphics in it. When i run blockland on the main gpu i get a really intense stutter, no framerate loss just that stutter. It didn't do this before i updated the graphics driver for the 960m, but after i upgraded the driver it stutters. BL runs fine on the integrated graphics but... Ya know, i can barely run my small builds, don't even get me started with smoke grenades and explosions...

Anyways, whats going on here because im lost.

i guess confirm you have the latest update? sometimes it can locate the wrong or not-latest update, or if you install by file you may have downloaded a not-latest update

maybe overheating or something, if thats not the case. check task manager maybe for processor or disk usage as that can stutter the computer

Running the Task manager was a good idea, i also failed to mention that i recently installed an SSD, the Samsung EVO 850, great SSD. But i think the problem is that im running the game too fast maybe? My I7 runs at 2.6 Ghz but its throwing 3.2 Ghz of power out with only 10% utilization, this is at Max shaders. I will admit the stutter got a bit better increasing the demand for power but as soon as i load a build, the stutter is back and worse.

Double Post;
Turned on V-sync from my driver window and the stuttering stopped, this tells me that this has to with conflict ions with the GPU and monitor. I think i am running BL too fast.

Double Post;
Turned on V-sync from my driver window and the stuttering stopped, this tells me that this has to with conflict ions with the GPU and monitor. I think i am running BL too fast.
first world problems amirite

first world problems amirite
Well, now the question is; is there a way to prevent BL from running to fast without V-sync?

what's wrong with using vsync?

Double Post;
Yea this is what happened to me earlier, for some reason my vsync was disables and blockland was constantly skipping frames. Took a while for me to figure out that I had to use vsync.

Only 60 frames man ;-;
what's wrong with BL matching your monitor refresh rate?
you'll only have up to 60 FPS either way?