Badspot (BLID 0) Unjust banning / Admin Abuse

Author Topic: Badspot (BLID 0) Unjust banning / Admin Abuse  (Read 25208 times)

What do you mean and? What else is there to add to that?

The bot was funny, but I can see why he was banned for that. The rule is unspoken, but a rule regardless.
well he doesnt need every loving alt of his permabanned

The bot was funny, but I can see why he was banned for that. The rule is unspoken, but a rule regardless.
banning electrk is just gonna streisand effect this stuff, if people didnt know about it before then they know now

badspot bans people for deceptive names (like badpost) which he could've put in the ban reason, but putting a lmgtfy to a public website anyone else can post is really grasping at straws when it comes to objective ban reasons. like i get baddy can ban you for any reason but if he's going to do that he should at least make it as hard as possible for people to go after it

well he doesnt need every loving alt of his permabanned
Badspot probably views it as an intrusion of privacy, which is why he did it.

he should at least make it as hard as possible for people to go after it
What do you mean by this exactly?

I dunno, I thought it was kinda obvious things like these are not supposed to be mentioned or there will be consequences. I've been on this site for a long time though, so perhaps thats why I'm informed? I could see new users being unaware, but at the same time I don't think a new user would just stumble across this.

What do you mean by this exactly?

just putting 'disrespect' instead of say 'misleading name' is really easy to attack as a personal reaction

just putting 'disrespect' instead of say 'misleading name' is really easy to attack as a personal reaction
i think it was less about the name of the acc and more about the fact that he indirectly linked to satinminions

i think it was less about the name of the acc and more about the fact that he indirectly linked to satinminions

i know but if he included the name as a ban reason and didn't mention disrespect it wouldn't sound like it was a personal response

i know but if he included the name as a ban reason and didn't mention disrespect it wouldn't sound like it was a personal response
Well, that's the thing. This is personal. That's why it went the way it did.

put FREE ELECTRK in your avatars

Personally, If I had to administrate something as mentally-disabled and chaotic as the Blockland Forums for 10~ years, I'd probably start caring less about who I ban and why I ban them simply because I'd be sick and tired of everyone and their stuff on here.

What was the point of going "#FreeElektrk" when it was clear he already had an alt?

If I had to administrate something like this forum, I would put better rules. To be specific, some unwritten rules would become written, as well as other changes such as:
Not being an starfish would be a requirement. Obnoxious or unnecessary formatting (like making more than one word in a post 50pt, or random sizes that aren't roleplaying an insane person or something) would be banned as well, though the punishments would be lighter on this subject. This does exist as a rule, but probably falls under spam.
Most importantly, I wouldn't cage myself in the rules like Badspot does, which explains how some people were able to slip around rules like eels. This would shorten the lifetimes of most trouble users by at least two months, and up to half a year or a whole one.

i think badspot runs the forums perfectly fine. making it a rule to not be an starfish it's just wasting time since we have a drama section for that very purpose. badspot shouldn't do what we can do ourselves. it's just dumb. it'd be like if i made it a rule not to cheat in blockland. nobody likes a cheater so its encouraged not to cheat

my only complaint about the forums as a whole is the absurdly small amount of non-political and/or non-stuffpost threads in off topic. otherwise this place is my damn home