Getting the key.dat file

Author Topic: Getting the key.dat file  (Read 3167 times)

Hey I was wondering if you can get the key.dat file to be created in your blockland folder because it's not appearing there, but I can play Blockland without it. Is there any commands that I need to do to get my key.dat file?

When playing Blockland on steam I don't think it actually creates a key.dat file as you don't have a key.

If you're not using steam and you're able to play without a key.dat, you're magical.

you're steam only, steam users don't have keys

you're steam only, steam users don't have keys
I have a friend who's playing the steam version and he had it generate in his blockland folder

I have a friend who's playing the steam version and he had it generate in his blockland folder

The file might be created (I don't use steam so not sure) but there's definitely no key in it that you're able to access if that's your goal here.

If you bought Blockland on Steam you do not have a key and cannot play without Steam.

weird that he has a key.dat, does he also have it off of steam, and copied his files over?
my steam installation does not have a key.dat file

Steam auth server gets yout steam ID to successfully authenticate, along with a few other factors I wish could be shared so we could use Blockland steam on a vps

weird that he has a key.dat, does he also have it off of steam, and copied his files over?
my steam installation does not have a key.dat file
He literally got it from steam first

steam BL doesnt use it though - if you launch the launcher/.bat it through steam, though, that's another matter. are you sure your friend is really playing on the steam version?

If you're playing through steam, you don't have a standard Blockland Key.

Not only does the fact that the game authenticates through steam prove this, but all steam users BLIDs are above a fundamental limit on game keys placed by the game itself, which is 98303. Any key that has a BLID associated with it larger than 98,303 it will automatically reject it, and all steam copies of the game have a BLID well above 100k.

So it's literally, physically impossible for you to have a valid blockland key from a steam version of the game.

Even if the game did create a key.dat file (Which I'm very doubtful of), it does not contain a valid key.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 09:22:29 PM by Ipquarx »

how tf would you get a key.dat in the steam version anyways, regardless of whether or not it's empty? i thought it just didn't make it

how tf would you get a key.dat in the steam version anyways, regardless of whether or not it's empty? i thought it just didn't make it
his friend is high

probably transferred a normal key to steam