stuff you hate in video games

Author Topic: stuff you hate in video games  (Read 11657 times)

Those complaining about DLC are going to get slammed by almighty McJob just like I did last year even though what mcjob said was true I still believe to this day DLC is still loving ridiculous but we just have to live with it

now for on topic:

- Xbox live gold and Playstation network costing money to play online (which is why I changed to PC)
- Unfair physics engines (Saints row 2 for example)
- Hyped games that turn out to be disappointing (Watchdogs, Far cry 4, etc)
- The sims's countless expansion packs
- Zombie games and all that DayZ stuff
- Unfair matchmaking (CSGO)
- aimbots and hackers
- unfair AI
- No loving checkpoints in missions (GTA 3 - GTA SA for example)
- Repetition (Mafia 3)
- Season passes
- Games that force you to play online
- cringe
- The fact that EA did not make the sims 2 open world
- No customization/limited customization(For example when you complete GTA V's story mode there isn't really a lot you can do to mess around in the open world whereas in games such as half life, far cry 3, Timesplitters and 007 night fire there are tons of things you can do at the end game)
- SJW bullstuff (The situation with Overwatch's Tracer picture, if I was Curse I would tell em to forget off)

- SJW bullstuff (The situation with Overwatch's Tracer picture, if I was Curse I would tell em to forget off)
what
if ur talking about the victory pose they changed they were already thinking about changing it anyways cus it didn't quite fit her character and the main problem with it was that it didn't quite fit her character

what
if ur talking about the victory pose they changed they were already thinking about changing it anyways cus it didn't quite fit her character and the main problem with it was that it didn't quite fit her character
Nevertheless, this shouldn't have lead to a mass internet protest either way

specifically in FPS, but probably applies to third person games as well: taking control away from the player for any reason - forced cutscenes, "mini-cutscenes" like falling from a height and watching your character stumble, watching them open a door or an enemy's intestines, etc
god I loving hated this stuff in serious sam goes to martian hell. it works in games designed around immersing the player in the world (see: metro 2033) but doom's gameplay is supposed to be about making quick decisions not watching a thousand two second long cutscenes.

Those complaining about DLC are going to get slammed by almighty McJob just like I did last year even though what mcjob said was true I still believe to this day DLC is still loving ridiculous but we just have to live with it

well mcjob has actual stuff taste so

Nevertheless, this shouldn't have lead to a mass internet protest either way
well it's not like it's rly the game's fault for that but rather all the people who made a much bigger deal out of it than it rly was
and how would this even affect ur enjoyment of the game either way anyways it's not like it's a deal breaker at all

Yeah. That's not exactly something that's 'in video games', it's something that happened outside of it.

when an NPC you're supposed you follow walks slower or faster than you walk

Just like real life

What I hate is in RPGs where is there only one loving enemy that drops a specific item, but it like .99% chance it will ever drop it

Just like real life

What I hate is in RPGs where is there only one loving enemy that drops a specific item, but it like .99% chance it will ever drop it
starman super can eat my ass
« Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 02:22:05 PM by torin² »

hidden mechanics
invisible walls that have no business being where they're at
songs that are a 20 second loop of the worst instruments they could possibly find
decisions early in the game that have an impact on the ending but you'd never be able to understand why so now you have to re-play the game for that cool achievement
« Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 06:19:06 PM by kongo »

alright so really, really enjoy stardew valley. super charming little game with a satisfying gameplay loop and plenty of stuff to do. fun characters, charming art style, i really like it. it's good.

what isn't good is how if you want to make friends with anyone in the game, you basically have to rely on the wiki. see, the way you make someone like you in the game is give them gifts. everyone has a unique set of gifts they love, like, feel neutral towards, dislike, and hate. there is actually NO WAY TO KNOW THESE if you don't trial and error it with everyone you meet. some of them are fairly intuitive, like that the alcoholics like it when you buy them beer. but why the does the old woman down the street hate poppys? why does literally everyone hate holly? why am i forced to make these people dislike me to figure out what they like if there isn't a way ingame for me to know?

They move slower than you run, but move faster than you walk. Every time.

alright so really, really enjoy stardew valley. super charming little game with a satisfying gameplay loop and plenty of stuff to do. fun characters, charming art style, i really like it. it's good.
You do not need the wiki. I've played the game well enough without ever touching the wiki.
You're going to have to settle with the fact that you're going to have to enjoy the game for a longer period of time if you don't look up what someone else did before you.

But on the subject of games requiring a wiki to even play, forget Minecraft. While in games like Stardew, trial and error is a feasible, more realistic option.
But you probably wont ever progress in Minecraft without looking up practically everything. There isn't time for trial and error. You starve, you have constant threats, and even if you do hide in the safety of a makeshift dirt bunker and never moving, good luck trying to figure out crafting for hours on your own.