Author Topic: stuff you hate in video games  (Read 11680 times)

>ragdoll disappears in like 30 seconds
REEEEEEEEEEEE
this post speaks to me. on that note, i hate bad ragdolls. they're so much worse than death animations. hitman blood money is a masterpiece but the ragdolls are so stiff and janky that the game loses a lot of potential viscerality because no matter what you do to someone, they always wind up laying awkwardly on the face or back in something very close to a T pose.

i wish more games would do animations that lead into ragdolls. it looks much nicer, and you still get all the benefits of the ragdoll physics.

the memes that come from them

Games that don't let you skip cutscenes
*cough* Final Fantasy X

the one gripe i have with video gaming is the "cheats" that AI racers have in racing games. (called rubberbanding)
it's heavily noticeable in games like GTA V-- you can see ON the screen that they're zooming at light speed until they reach a certain distance to you.
most(if not all) NFS games do the same thing. an unmodded toyota corolla should not be going as fast as a tricked out, twin turbo-charged lamborghini.
its noticeable in mario kart, but instead of excessive rubberbanding, all AI go at set speeds for the whole race. the person in 12-11th will stay at this slow-forget speed so you will always get ahead of them. they'll purposely slow down when they're ahead so you can get past them.

-snip-
If you talk to them then they might actually tell you what they like and dislike.

If you talk to them then they might actually tell you what they like and dislike.
As best as I've been able to tell, you only get tips like that from other people who know them, and that's only after you become friends with that person too. So ultimately, it's the same issue: I don't want to put the effort into learning 30 different character's particular tastes, especially when there isn't a tracker or a chart to help me do it.

You know if you could actually remember these things then you wouldn't have this problem smh...

But yeah quite a bit of it does involve looking it up or just finding out, but still, people do tell you what others like and what they like, and I'm pretty sure more-so when there is an event.

invisible walls, timed missions

has anyone mentioned side scrollers yet

how john cena kicks out at 2, even in the games.

when you need to hold down the aim button instead of it being toggleable

racing games where you're an undercover cop
see: the crew, need for speed undercover

i hate games where you spend 20 minutes pressing f at the ground and occasionally dumping stuff when you get too heavy just to be instakilled from people you can't see