Author Topic: people cannot join my server (--- ping)  (Read 1944 times)

here's another one of those topics again

basically /title
my server was pretty fine yesterday and the day before, people were able to join, at least until this morning when people told me that they couldn't join my server as it read --- ping and one of them even gave me this:

prior to that:

yes, i have attempted to port forward but i keep running into dead ends (either i can't find something in step 2 of kyunade's tutorial on port forwarding or when i followed badspot's old port forwarding tutorial, the ip i put in leads me to the router page that my ISP has, no netgear genie page or anything)

using UPnP, obviously

a friend of mine gave me a little tutorial on port forwarding from the router or modem or something but i couldn't find that either

i'm really stuck.

(either i can't find something in step 2 of kyunade's tutorial on port forwarding
noedit
forget sorry i meant kyuande why did i think his name was kyunade

eat pant

User was banned for this post
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 04:28:01 PM by Badspot »

eat pant
why

also theres a alternative port; 25000 or something like that
if that isn't the correct port then try to find the alternative port thing that badspot posted somewhere

having the same problem, I use UPnP too and my server was working just fine yesterday.

why

also theres a alternative port; 25000 or something like that
if that isn't the correct port then try to find the alternative port thing that badspot posted somewhere
so uh
first off i booted up blockland and i had to put my key in for... some reason, because it launched demo mode
thankfully i found it
so then i tried to start it up again, friend couldn't join
then i shut the server down put in 25000, start it up again and this happens

i'm scared now

-snip-
noedit
ok it fixed itself there's no double server or anything phew

now i'll try to find that alternative port thing

ok it fixed itself there's no double server or anything phew

now i'll try to find that alternative port thing
by fixed itself, only one server listing, or people can join you?

if multiple people are having issues with UPnP at the same time, it may be something on the matchmakers end

by fixed itself, only one server listing, or people can join you?

if multiple people are having issues with UPnP at the same time, it may be something on the matchmakers end
the 'fixed itself' bit was that the two servers in that image disappeared
sorry for that confusion

What router do you have? The duplicate server listing is from force-closing your server so it couldn't update the master server, so your server would have to timeout before being removed.

so uh
first off i booted up blockland and i had to put my key in for... some reason, because it launched demo mode
thankfully i found it
so then i tried to start it up again, friend couldn't join
then i shut the server down put in 25000, start it up again and this happens

i'm scared now
This is because your router is using another port so it registers another server onto the master. So if you used 28000 it will display that server until the timer runs out (server not sending anything to master), apparently your router decided to open a new port as 28001 so now you had 2 servers on the list (temporarily), it happens when the router thinks a port is still being used so it finds a new one to use. The more ports used for hosting, the more servers will show up.

There is a chance that the matchmaker is screwed up again if we get more complaints of UPnP not working correctly. UPnP isn't always reliable.

update:
one of my friends managed to join my server now, if you restarted the matchmaker badspot, then thank you