whats your favorite xkcd

Author Topic: whats your favorite xkcd  (Read 1695 times)

i like the one with the science joke
its very smart though you wouldnt get it
maybe you could explain it to me? :D

This is increasingly relevant.

"I can't remember where I heard this, but someone once said that defending a position by citing free speech is sort of the ultimate concession; you're saying that the most compelling thing you can say for your position is that it's not literally illegal to express."

what is the appeal of this pretentious garbage

enlightened torin shares with us how much he doesn't like a thing part twenty

enlightened torin shares with us how much he doesn't like a thing part twenty
you didnt answer my question

Couldn't just let people have their fun unchecked, eh?

HMM still not answering my question i see
hmph.  Thats what i thought

what is the appeal of this pretentious garbage
found the non-smart boy

This is increasingly relevant.

"I can't remember where I heard this, but someone once said that defending a position by citing free speech is sort of the ultimate concession; you're saying that the most compelling thing you can say for your position is that it's not literally illegal to express."
This really feels like someone going full lawyer speak on why they can shut you down for having the wrong opinion.

Btw if this type of situation existed, but instead of freedom of speech based on speech, it was in regard to laws denying people a platform based on race (and civil rights didn't exist), then you can bet this stuff wouldn't be brought up at all.

Thanks for bringing up a great point, General Omega. That point being that the spirit of the law is to be obeyed, not the letter, and snarky technicalities such as yours will not be tolerated.