Author Topic: Friend cant join my Server  (Read 2041 times)

Today me and a friend of mine wanted to work on something ingame.

The server starts up without any issues but apparently my my friend cant join

Im using UPnP and i havent played the game in a while

He also told me that my Ping was ---

He also told me that when he tried to connect that it kept saying "sending packet data"

I would really appreciate if you guys could help.

https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=312688.0
This topic on the same page has the same issue.

There are 2 things:
 -- UPnP is not always reliable
 -- The master for UPnP could be down

You have 2 options:
 -- PM Badspot and tell him to restart the matchmaker
 -- Learn how to port forward (there are many sources of how to port forward, simple google searches, search on forums for a tutorial)

A great thing about port forwarding is that once you do it, you never have to do it again until your local IP changes/new router/different port or something is using the port you forwarded; 90% of the time you get a ping which anyone is able to join.

Alright i followed your Tutorial but it seems that it still does not work.

I manually port forwarded and did everything.

Still nothing.

My Friend told me that it kept saying "Sending Punch Packet" and that "It was constantly connecting"

I dont know what could be the Issue i noticed that it shows an External IP instead of an Internal IP when i go to whatsmyip.com
(Im not really smart when it comes to stuff like that i apologize if that doesnt have anything to do with it)

I also noticed that my Router now Auto-UPnP's the Port that i manually Forwarded.

Sorry for dp but i just wanted to say that i live in germany so if i dont respond immediatly this is the reason.

Alright i followed your Tutorial but it seems that it still does not work.
I manually port forwarded and did everything.
Still nothing.
You didn't do it right if you still can't get a successful ping. Please show some images of where you port forwarded.

I dont know what could be the Issue i noticed that it shows an External IP instead of an Internal IP when i go to whatsmyip.com
(Im not really smart when it comes to stuff like that i apologize if that doesnt have anything to do with it)
Those websites can only show you your external IP, internal IPs is what you have to forward (and it's what you find in command prompt)

I also noticed that my Router now Auto-UPnP's the Port that i manually Forwarded.
This is normal.

Sorry for not replying ill post pics tommorow