Author Topic: Transparency Gun (Concept)  (Read 1779 times)

I made up this concept of a gun where you pick from a scale of 0-10(0 being non transparent and 10 being invisible) on how transparent you want a brick and when you shoot a brick it becomes the level of transparency you picked.

Can somebody attempt at making this actually happen?

To do this you'd need 10 different tiers of transparency in the colorset for each color. You'd only be able to get like 5 colors with 10 different transparencies.

This is a nice concept but because blockland is stuff it can't be made.

This could work if it was singleplayer only.

maybe it can be done by rapidly oscillating between turning rendering on and off

its a terrible solution but still

maybe it can be done by rapidly oscillating between turning rendering on and off

oh god im imagining the effect on my fps

oh god im imagining the effect on my fps
unless you're playin on an calculator you should be fine
but uh yeah this could be easy to do with a specific colorset it uses and uh well stuff

To do this you'd need 10 different tiers of transparency in the colorset for each color. You'd only be able to get like 5 colors with 10 different transparencies.
5*10=50
Limit is 64, not 50. He also said 10 would be invisible, and if it's invisible the color doesn't matter aside from tinted emitters. Unless you're worried about that, it'd be nine colors per color plus one extra. 9*7=63, plus totally transparent is 64, so only 7 colors. Still a ridiculously low number of colors.

I thought of this. Lag would be an issue, wouldn't it, since the server would have to send every switch to the client? If it's going too fast even a little bit of latency will cause obvious visual issues

switching rendering on and off is a terrible idea cause it would cause massive ghosting at the rate you need to do it at in order to simulate transparencies of different levels

5*10=50
Limit is 64, not 50.
64 - 9 fxs = 55 color spots. 55 / 9 = 6.1

Missed the part about 10 being invis but that's still only 6 colors, not 7.

plus totally transparent is 64
This is pointless, just disable rendering.

turn the brick into a static shape perfectly textured to look like a brick and then apply transparency with startFade :OOOOOOO

turn the brick into a static shape perfectly textured to look like a brick and then apply transparency with startFade :OOOOOOO
o stuff but wouldn't that not work for custom bricks tho

o stuff but wouldn't that not work for custom bricks tho
yeah since static shapes require .dts and theres no way to generate a staticshape datablock w/ a .dts from a .blb or brick datablock ingame

u love static shapes too much