Author Topic: Did you ever deal with long distance relationships?  (Read 7407 times)

So here's a little story to explain why I created this topic, on the last christmas, we went to my uncle's house, our family was there, and I've met a girl at that day, we've started talking almost everyday on the phone since then, about all sorts of subjects, and recently we've been having to create feelings for each other, but here's the thing, we have a considerable distance between each other (we live in the same state so it's not THAT bad), so it won't be possible to meet her frequently, but I know her parents and she told me that they liked me and they're ok with us going out, if everything goes well I'm sure that there will be more possibilities for us to see each other, and next month we're planning to set a date at september 7th.

But I've created this topic to see if any of you had an experience of a long distance relationship, and how do/did you deal with that.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 09:08:52 AM by Filipe »

A few, they never really worked out well.

If you really want to bet on it, be my man and go ahead. I started talking to my middle school crush over the summer again and really hit it off, but since she's going to school really far away, we said yeah it would never work.

never been in a relationship

probably never will

never been in a relationship

probably never will
don't say that man, eventually you might meet someone that can be special to you, believe me I've felt that way until I was 17 years old when I've had my first relationship, it didn't last long but it was an experience, but that's how it works, you will meet people in your life, they will come and go, until you stuck with somebody who wants to stay with you.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 09:15:56 AM by Filipe »

I'm in one right now, coming up on a year, hasn't turned into a massive disaster so far.

It's not easy but if you stay in contact every day it'll work out. There are things you can do in a call that's not just talk. Pro tip: You can sync netflix together on rabb.it.

I'm in one right now, coming up on a year, hasn't turned into a massive disaster so far.

It's not easy but if you stay in contact every day it'll work out. There are things you can do in a call that's not just talk. Pro tip: You can sync netflix together on rabb.it.
We do that part so far.

I'm currently in one, she resides in Texas and I'm in Minnesota. We agreed to call it off for the moment because she's busy with school and stuff, pretty sure she'll be going to college and stuff. We still talk though and the feelings are still there. Once I'm 18, I'd love to go see her.

Like 10% of long distance relationships end up working. It's better for your sanity to just hold off until later.

Like 10% of long distance relationships end up working. It's better for your sanity to just hold off until later.

If it's going good so far there's really no reason to cut it off just because it could go wrong.

I've done a few long distance, especially one years ago, someone lived 2 hours away but we were able to see each other almost every weekend. Was pretty great, but I like seeing people physically not on the screen - which is what happened after a while because they were so far and I didn't have a reliable vehicle back then. I wasn't really smart back then because it could still work I would just have to wait more; but after learning a few lessons on that I just try not to do long distance anymore.

twice
hasnt been worth it in the long run thats for sure lol

My boyfriend and I were long distance for a while after I had to move away from the school we met at. It was hard, but we went out of our ways to meet about every other weekend (it was about a 2 hour drive, so not too bad). We eventually ended up moving in together and have been happy since. I think a lot of it has to do with how well connected you are with the person. I am almost certain we would have fallen apart at that point if we hadn't already known each other for over a year. If you want a better chance at staying together, go out of your way to meet up as much as you reasonably can.

long distance relationships dont work. either you go full-commitment mode and have them move in with you, or just forget off and get yourself a real girlfriend. people who think there is a possible in-between are horny teenagers or catfish-bait

relationships are centered around two things- money and intimacy. in a LDR, neither of those things exist, so its only a matter of time before your piece of ldr ass finds a sugar daddy or some richard
« Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 11:08:38 AM by PhantOS »

long distance relationships dont work. either you go full-commitment mode and have them move in with you, or just forget off and get yourself a real girlfriend. people who think there is a possible in-between are horny teenagers or catfish-bait

relationships are centered around two things- money and intimacy. in a LDR, neither of those things exist, so its only a matter of time before your piece of ldr ass finds a sugar daddy or some richard

How jaded and misanthropic of you. Simply epic...