Did you ever deal with long distance relationships?

Author Topic: Did you ever deal with long distance relationships?  (Read 7408 times)

dude what position are you trying to even argue here
my first post is the brutally honest interpretation of what i feel. a better version is
relationships that meet only one need are not romantic relationships, and non-romantic relationships will not last (friendships will tho).

as for why i said this, Re: Did you ever deal with long distance relationships?. ldrs last as long as you're willing to pour your feelings out via text. friends with benefits last as long as you're willing to forget, and sugar daddies last as long as they're able to pull income through.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 01:21:04 PM by PhantOS »

Phantos why are you so irritated over this? Don't take out your anger over your failure to create meaningful relationships with people out on others

my first post is the brutally honest interpretation of what i feel. a better version is
as for why i said this, Re: Did you ever deal with long distance relationships?

this applies for all relationships though. long distance, short distance, sideways distance, whatever.

i'm not trying to be aggressive or anything I'm just confused as to why you're pushing this notion so heavily
« Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 01:21:30 PM by Steve5451² »

phanto i thought that we had something :(

this applies for all relationships though. long distance, short distance, sideways distance, whatever.

i'm not trying to be aggressive or anything I'm just confused why you're pushing this notion so heavily
yes, but there's a clear cut difference between, say, being happily married and blowing up someone's phone about how much you love them. one is obviously a more serious, committed, and healthy relationship

phanto i thought that we had something :(
brodies before boobies my guy, i'll always have a special place in my heart for you

Phantos why are you so irritated over this? Don't take out your anger over your failure to create meaningful relationships with people out on others
im cranky because i haven't eaten any ass all summer and im taking out my relationship insecurities on adolescent gamers. i can't stand to see other people be in a happy relationship because ive never seen one before

sue me
« Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 01:27:06 PM by PhantOS »

tfw other people can make more meaningful relationships with strangers on the internet than you can with your father

I come back after 2 hours and there's stuffstorm in here already

tfw other people can make more meaningful relationships with strangers on the internet than you can with your father
:(

if you want to get loose with the definition of a romantic relationship, then sure, you can argue that relationships can function on one of those needs alone
My argument is still going completely over your head
I'm not arguing the definition of romantic relationship, I'm arguing the definition of needs.
Someone can have different needs than you, and have a relationship that fulfills all of them.

however, the fact remains that its not a healthy relationship.
You're not exactly a good source on what constitutes a "healthy relationship" when you are, by your own admission, not interested in them yourself.

it won't last long, which is what matters
No, what matters is whether all parties are happy in whatever the arrangement is.
If all parties are happy, then there's no reason to say it won't last.

If everyone involved in a relationship is happy, consenting, and no one is hurt, then telling them "your relationship is unhealthy" is nothing more than being judgemental

If everyone involved in a relationship is happy, consenting, and no one is hurt, then telling them "your relationship is unhealthy" is nothing more than being judgemental
alright i'm sorry, i tend to come into topics hot and not really see the big picture. i admit i was being too judgemental

either way, i still honestly believe that as long as you're happy that's all that matters. it may not be a fully stable relationship, but thats not the point

i had one for 1 1/2 years. it was extremely difficult and we ran into problems, but we loved each other nonetheless. saw her in person for the first time after we began dating about two and a half years after we broke up, and we made amends but it was kind of awkward for both of us at first

I was personally in a long distance relationship for about 8 or 9 years. Though the fact that we were both aloveual probably helped with the whole 'not needing love' thing.

She ended up moving away within the first few months, due to family issues. And we were only able to see each other twice since, 3 days each time.

However, it ended up not working out. There was no future and decreasing amount of communication. I was trying to make things work but. When it comes to something like that, both people need to try and make it work and that just wasn't happening. Just excuses.

I was personally in a long distance relationship for about 8 or 9 years. Though the fact that we were both aloveual probably helped with the whole 'not needing love' thing.

She ended up moving away within the first few months, due to family issues. And we were only able to see each other twice since, 3 days each time.

However, it ended up not working out. There was no future and decreasing amount of communication. I was trying to make things work but. When it comes to something like that, both people need to try and make it work and that just wasn't happening. Just excuses.
9 years?! holy stuff dude I'm sorry

i am objectively right. you committed, one of the two options you can take in an ldr. congratulations on your marriage by the way, and i actually mean that
You were saying "don't" in the segment I quoted. You stated it like it's an absolute, and that's what I disputed. Do you think you're either doing people a service at-large or a disservice at-large, because I don't there's any realistic way to treat it like a broad brush issue.