Author Topic: Super's Beachbuild  (Read 2139 times)

Beachbuild!
So since Trogtor's Floating City build seems to be mostly dead, I decided why not host another sorta-specialized building server? It's not as fancy as his, but it's a really long beach and boardwalk.

Uses a few of Elektrk's Playable Instruments. If you want to cut down on the download time, grab those right here!
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 06:18:35 PM by Super Suit 12 »

surf's up, muchacho

I'll be hosting it all day today if all goes well. Maybe someone will join this time.

Autosaver seems to be acting up for some reason. The game froze entirely when it attempted to autosave for the second time and the console is no help (I'm going to turn on tracing to see if that gets something more useful). This has happened before and I don't know why it's happening, likely a conflict of some sort but with what I have no clue.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 09:49:30 AM by Super Suit 12 »

I plan to set this up as a dedicated server tomorrow since people seem to actually be interested.

I plan to set this up as a dedicated server tomorrow since people seem to actually be interested.
if you do this you definitely need some admins

if you do this you definitely need some admins
I do and I don't really know anyone trustworthy ingame.
If there's anyone who would like the position, say so. I'm not really sure how to choose from the people who want it, though, aside from just "do I respect this person and trust them not to forget my server up for the lols?"
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 08:17:15 PM by Super Suit 12 »

Maybe leave the server up for longer than an hour?

Many of us never got the chance to look...  including myself.

Maybe leave the server up for longer than an hour?

Many of us never got the chance to look...  including myself.
I did leave it up for longer than an hour the second time. I would've run it in the past few days as well, but I was away from home (because of the solar eclipse)

Not running it dedicated until I get at least one person to moderate it while I'm asleep or in school, but I'm hosting now.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 05:53:35 PM by Super Suit 12 »

I'm back from orientation! Hosting again.
Now includes Script_Waves. The water level now dynamically moves from low to high tide and back every five minutes.

I'm back from orientation! Hosting again.
Now includes Script_Waves. The water level now dynamically moves from low to high tide and back every five minutes.
that sounds really bad for anyone who wants to build boats.

that sounds really bad for anyone who wants to build boats.
yeah I wasn't really expecting people to want to build boats
in case people actually want to build boats it's only moving the distance of a 4x4 cube so as long as the boat isn't too short it'll just be at different heights in the water.

yeah I wasn't really expecting people to want to build boats
in case people actually want to build boats it's only moving the distance of a 4x4 cube so as long as the boat isn't too short it'll just be at different heights in the water.
that's still a massive area of space if you were to make a detailed boat, waves would mean half the time, a boat will be out of the water and then half of it submerged when the wave goes back up; forget about building downstairs areas in medium sized boats, it'll just repeatedly flood.

waves look good, but it makes building a huge hassle
« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 01:55:38 PM by Refticus »

just change it to a slow subtle 1 to 2 plate range