Author Topic: Any BLFers like Metal?  (Read 7539 times)

Anyone here listen to metal? I listen to a lot, mostly Power/Thrash/Death. Only one I know here who listens also is VerticalHorizon and I don't even really talk to her. Any of you like metal? What bands/songs/albums?

My favorite bands are Sabaton, Amon Amarth, Metallica, and Ensiferum. Any matches?

Favorite songs are Nightfall (Blind Guardian), Creeping Death (Metallica), Twilight of the Thunder God (Amon Amarth), Victory Song (Ensiferum) and Through The Fire & Flames (Dragonforce). Also love Swedish Pagans & Shiroyama (Sabaton) which are some of the best intro songs to people who don't really like metal but like EDM/trap stuff.

Favorite albums are Carolus Rex (Sabaton), Nightfall in Middle Earth (Blind Guardian), From Afar (Ensiferum) Twilight of the Thunder God (Amon Amarth) and Ride the Lightning (Metallica).

ik me and pecon7 listen to nightwish which is symphonic metal

Only metal songs I have found amusing were from Jack Black movies. Don't tend to like the genre much but there are some forgotten songs I liked to hear for a bit.

rhapsody of fire my guy
I love Rhaposdy (of Fire?) Power of the Dragonflame has what I think is probably the catchiest bit in any metal song ever. It's only a few seconds long but that HEARTOFADRAGONFLYINGAWAY gets caught in my head all the time.

ik me and pecon7 listen to nightwish which is symphonic metal
Yea I could never get into Nightwish (female voices aren't very good for metal IMO) but I've always assosciated them with the Falador Massacre thanks to old Runescape memes.

i'm all about In This Moment, a female fronted band. their new albums are kinda trash but A Star Crossed Wasteland and The Dream were both perfect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6YibUZ2M8w
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KePOOwgVk8I

does the metal that is good at conducting electricity count

i do like it tho but not rly to the point where i have favorite bands from it or anything
« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 12:23:53 AM by gr8dayseth »

the mental image of op listening to metal is ungodly funny

Wait is DragonForce a metal band.
If so their the only exception from me

aluminum is a strong but light metal. i enjoy it