Author Topic: B4v21 - AYE Y'ALL IT'S THE FIRST YEAR ANNIVERSARY  (Read 37433 times)

ur a little late buddy
approximately 3 years late
and vita isn't even really the Main Head Big Guy of b4v21

...why does it matter if he said it now?

all these cool updates and addon ports, but for what?

all these cool updates and addon ports, but for what?
https://i.imgur.com/EN51gQl.jpg
well i mean this was early in the morning, when theres absolutely nobody active. you can say the same about actual blockland.
but yeah its dissapointing. the b4v21 blockparty was launched to try and help with this issue and it helped a bit but not that much. we're still not gonna give up on b4v21 for a long while becuase people still play on the weekends occasionally. it's still mostly up to the community to take advantage of the versions, fixes and services we're providing, however.

b4v21 is always dead every time I look at the master server

I feel like all the effort you guys did mostly went down the drain, I suppose a fraction of it went into knowledge  (php, javascript, etc.)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 02:41:01 PM by Kyuande »

I feel like all the effort you guys did mostly went down the drain,
i dont think so?? we weren't ever really wanting to be any more popular or to the same amount of popularity of blockland. we knew that wasn't possible. our objective was to help some older users relive some of the older versions and content, while giving some newer users a little insight into the past of blockland. that was it - we were never wanting to build a community so big as to actually rival that of blocklands. i'd honestly think we completely met our objective.

I suppose a fraction of it went into knowledge  (php, javascript, etc.)
what do you mean by this?

b4v21 is always dead every time I look at the master server

I feel like all the effort you guys did mostly went down the drain, I suppose a fraction of it went into knowledge  (php, javascript, etc.)
In my opinion, B4v21 is not dead. We're continuing to host the master server & website because players keep coming back to play it. It doesn't matter if it's not worth it to host these services for a handful of players anyways; we're not paying for anything. There is no loss.

the most people I've seen on the weekends is 5

the most people I've seen on the weekends is 5
>>most

See that's what I mean

I am avoiding to act stupid from last time so I apologize
In my opinion, B4v21 is not dead. We're continuing to host the master server & website because players keep coming back to play it. It doesn't matter if it's not worth it to host these services for a handful of players anyways; we're not paying for anything. There is no loss.
Time and effort is the only loss here, never said anything about money (I figured you guys wouldn't pay since the services easily are free) - again it's a "feeling" that you guys spent tons of effort to only make people who miss the nostilgia of the maps happy for a while. There's nothing wrong with hosting on a low playerbase game it just seems like the experience created could be better. I don't want to explain "how can it be better" because it'll just be me basically saying "move to another game/community" and that's not the point here.

i dont think so?? we weren't ever really wanting to be any more popular or to the same amount of popularity of blockland. we knew that wasn't possible. our objective was to help some older users relive some of the older versions and content, while giving some newer users a little insight into the past of blockland. that was it - we were never wanting to build a community so big as to actually rival that of blocklands. i'd honestly think we completely met our objective.
I am sure the goal wasn't to steal players (my perspectives we're pretty stupid from last time), as said above my point is making a steam dll (probably finding stuff wink wink) and making a website to interact seems way too much just to make a few players happy. Again your guys' perspective is different than mine, so I'm obviously sure you don't care about how much time and effort was put into it just to make a small amount of players happy.

what do you mean by this?
Seems like you weren't involved behind the scenes of the entire effort going into this subject, harder to explain when someone didn't contribute into the subject (maybe you did and maybe I'm not paying attention). Lots of code effort involved just to make things work the way they should. As said a few awesome gains is learning a language to make this project work.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 04:09:27 PM by Kyuande »

Oh god... this is the best "Old blockland thing" i've ever seen!

-snip-
I can see where you're going with this, but in reality, it doesn't really do any harm. New people don't play Blockland because it's not innovative enough and not even promoted at all. Let's be honest, no matter how many times people create gamemodes (etc.) it all ends up with the same route. I'd rather play something I enjoy playing and enjoy something that I payed for. Let's enjoy Blockland while we have it still up, instead of ranting about this thread for almost 5 months already. I barely looked at this thread for the first time (like 5 minutes ago) and all I see is your rants since November. Just drop it dude.

B4v21 has had more movies filmed on it than v21 this year.