Poll

Ahem! From now on, there will be no loopholes around rules! Do you understand?

Yes, certainly. I agree with this new rule.
16 (43.2%)
Is this rule necessary? I'm confused.
8 (21.6%)
No, that's a stupid rule, get rid of it.
13 (35.1%)

Total Members Voted: 37

Author Topic: Several Questions: Is "no loopholes" a good rule?  (Read 21202 times)

I wanted to ask some questions to the forums, so here I am. Each question will be addressed one at a time, since you can only have one active poll per thread.

Listen up! For the sixth question of the thread, we shall impose a rule that prevents you from making loopholes around any other rules, and doing so will have you punished for breaking this specific rule! Do you consent?

Results
Total number of polls: 7.
Click an image to go to its respective discussion.

First question on the thread. 33 (thirty-three) people, including myself, voted. Vote ended in 18 hours. Most people generally turn the tap off, but regarding water, most people finish up with warm water. Less than a third of that count prefer cold water. Others do it depending on the season and the reverse, 2 people are on the balance and one person sets the temperature according to their temper at the time. 3 others do miscellaneous stuff.

Second question. 38 (thirty-eight) people, including myself, voted, 5 more votes than last time. Vote ended in 2 and a half days. This vote was extended because my internet was shut down yesterday for unknown reasons. There are two major parties with nearly equal votes, the first where school is fine and the second where the school system needs improvements. 12 and 11 votes respectively. Three people's only issue with school is that it's boring, fairly understandable. Eight people think that school is cool or even great, and four people think it's very bad. Nobody thinks school is bad, apparently, it's either fine or terrible.

Third question. 80 (eighty) people voted, mostly because I left the poll running for long. Vote ended in 2 days and 8 hours. Everyone on the forums was suddenly chosen to be the "Chosen One" that would select one genre out of a list, which contains genres that appear commonly on all types of media, and seal it away to the depths of the depths of the Pentagon (or Area 51 or some other top-secret facility) for eternity. The two major groups here are the Anti-Romance Andies and the Horror Haters, where Romance has 42 crosses and Horror half of them. Other minor parties include Drama, Fantasy, and surprisingly enough, Comedy. Mystery and Science Fiction were probably crossed out by a couple insane people. Nobody wanted Action or Adventure out of the way.

Fourth question. The worst question asked so far. 28 (twenty-eight) people voted, as the thread quickly fell off the first page. Vote ended in 2 days. Less than a single page of discussion occured. People generally borrow time from the bank or from the shady underground channels, while other methods seem to be equally used with 3 people on each. Only 1 person admitted to 'borrowing' time from other people, and 2 people were not sure or were unwilling to answer.

Fifth question. 28 (twenty-eight) people voted, a recurring ergo startling amount of votes. Vote ended in about 3 days. 14 people don't drink coffee, but who cares. In general, the 14 people who do drink coffee prefer black coffee. 10 people are on that side, 3 people are at the sweeter portion and 1 is the middleman. No votes on "1 more sugar than coffee".

First election, preliminary voting. 38 (thirty-eight) people voted. Vote ended in one day and a half-ish. 6 people appear to be big fans of Half-Life, equally to both games, while other 6 prefer the Portal series instead. Portal 2 of the two seems to be better. 4 people really like the unrelated-to-Valve Titanfall, and other 4 people must've loved the mod and/or standalone remake of The Stanley Parable. 2 people voted for the joke option. Garry's Mod came up first with 11 votes, Black Mesa's running up with 5. These two games have made their way to the final vote!

First election, final vote Garry's Mod VS Black Mesa. 23 (twenty-three) people voted. Vote ended in 2 days and 2/5ths of a day. In the preliminary voting, GMod got 11 votes while BM got 5 votes. Now GMod got 15 votes and BM got 8. It is clear - Garry's Mod is the best source engine game!

Sixth question. 37 (thirty-seven) people voted. Vote ended in 3 days. Barring the election, this is the simplest question with the least choices so far. 16 people agree with the rule against loopholes, while 13 people protest it. 8 others are confused. Not much to say, it's a simple and straightforward question.

There is no set deadline. Next question comes when I feel like we have enough votes and/or discussion and when I bother updating it. Minimum time is 18 hours.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 01:39:24 PM by Marios »

I turn the water flow off

I turn the water off, and I basically only bathe with hot water. I don't know that I really have a routine.

if you guys have longer hair and want to keep it from getting oily, try rinsing with cool water at the end. the reason is warm water will cause your scalp to generate more oils.

I turn the water flow off

Allow me to rephrase my question: What's the relative temperature of the last drop of water to touch your body when you shower?

Allow me to rephrase my question: What's the relative temperature of the last drop of water to touch your body when you shower?
warm

i use my spit as shower water.

warm

i use my spit as shower water.

Well, that counts then. Is it warm or cold?

Well, that counts then. Is it warm or cold?
fresh spit is warm, but then it gets cold.
real spit masters boil their spit first before using it, however fitting an oven into my shower is very hard

fresh spit is warm, but then it gets cold.
real spit masters boil their spit first before using it, however fitting an oven into my shower is very hard

That makes it cold, then.

Also, isn't there some kinda boiler that boils water for this purpose? Just stop the water from supplying that boiler by disconnecting the respective pipe, empty it and spit in it as you like. Enjoy your hot spit!

i turn it off then kinda wring out my hair in the shower before getting out

i turn it off then kinda wring out my hair in the shower before getting out

I only take cold showers because my water heater died after I shot it with a rifle

It's not too bad