Author Topic: Goodbye Bethesda that cares about players.  (Read 3454 times)

https://gamerant.com/elder-scrolls-6-confirmed-bethesda/

Development has started, but the game is a long ways off from being released.
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/elder-scrolls-6-not-in-development-right-now/1100-6441274/
https://www.pcgamesn.com/the-elder-scrolls-vi/elder-scrolls-6-release-date-story-setting-rumours

So what's the Truth?

I don't know I just think that personally they should've made a new game and make that for the console that way we have a new story and new content and maybe even a new location, not just new content.
making a 100% new game is leagues harder than porting an existing title to a new platform. and safer. by porting skyrim to switch they get lots of information about how to make and port games to switch and they get a lot of testing for their engine running in that environment, which helps them for future projects. the two aren't mutually exclusive anyways, a switch port of TES5 and development of TES6 could easily coexist in a studio without having to take resources away from each other.

ive never seen this kind of syntax error before
its supposed to be <blockland's redtext

I've been saying this stuff for awhile now and everyone's ignoring me.

How many times do I have to say bethesda is a terrible company?

They have the most rabid fanbase I ever saw that even supports and justifies their shady business actions including creation club.

I personally don't mind as much, since I buy games to play the game, not for the mods
mods are a nice bonus, and I don't expect a company to mess with single player mods in any way

I personally don't mind as much, since I buy games to play the game, not for the mods
mods are a nice bonus, and I don't expect a company to mess with single player mods in any way

If Fallout 4 had actual content and not mostly cut watered down garbage we wouldn't need mods in the first place just to fix the game.

I don't expect a company to mess with single player mods in any way

F4SE is a major blow to the F4 modding community.

I don't expect a company to mess with single player mods in any way

huh?

huh?
which is also why I was against them doing that
pretty sure it's back to normal though, no modding multiplayer but can mod singleplayer

GTA mods were basically piracy or cheating in multiplayer and had to be taken down.

GTA mods were basically piracy or cheating in multiplayer and had to be taken down.
sorry I cant read this when you type in that text color

F4SE is a major blow to the F4 modding community.
did bethy ban f4se or something

each loving fallout 4 update breaks F4SE

bethesda's creation clubs is not based on a cloud service, all files on creation club automatically get downloaded

so if creation club are just going to add more items it would require weekly updates.

each loving fallout 4 update breaks F4SE
well the script extenders, by nature, will break whenever the binaries change. bethesda can't do anything about that other than never update fallout 4 again. without getting into technical details, they rely on specific references to particular pieces of information in memory and that information moves around all the time from version to version. it's a pretty common modding problem when you get to lower-level modification. the devs of the script extenders definitely are well aware of this problem ahead of time and fully expect to deal with it

bethesda's creation clubs is not based on a cloud service, all files on creation club automatically get downloaded
so if creation club are just going to add more items it would require weekly updates.
yeah that's kinda dumb
« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 12:09:34 AM by otto-san »