Author Topic: Be a lamb and help me fix this smooth shading brick issue, I'll give you money.  (Read 1267 times)

so I'm making a brick, right.

here's how the model looks in blender, a happy little hover car wheel. I know it's way more complex than a single brick ought to be but that isn't the topic at hand.

plus this little bit as a separate color fill.

here's how it ends up rendering in-game. as you can see, one object ("frameoutside" in the .blend) refuses to smooth shade. to the best of my knowledge, I've checked all the appropriate boxes and otherwise done all the appropriate bullstuff. I've tried everything to fix this, up to rebuilding the entire mesh from scratch and it still shows up the same way in-game.

this is a reoccurring issue for me, so if someone can comprehensively show me how to approach this issue and others like it in the future, i'll paypal you 20 bucks or something.

here's the .blend. not worried about collision for the time being.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 11:03:57 PM by Krystal »

this looks weird, nothing seems to be wrong. i'd wager it may be formatting or something. what exporter are you using?
« Last Edit: September 05, 2017, 12:37:32 PM by Conan »

dont smoothshade that part. it makes it look more futuristic and mechanical, and more bricklike. i like it.

dont smoothshade that part. it makes it look more futuristic and mechanical, and more bricklike. i like it.
it isn't the worst error in the world in this particular instance, but it has occurred at other times where it really made the difference in the brick being usable or not. for example, when trying to make additional adapters for pole bricks, where they needed to match the originals.