Author Topic: Ammunition Peak/Timed Item Drop?  (Read 521 times)

I need an addon or event that acts like this.

>Pick up item
>Upon use of item, timer starts (Preferred, if that cannot work then upon Pickup would work.)
>Timer ends, item is deleted from inventory. (Item is also deleted from hand.)

This would act sort of like a "Powerup" system. If this timed system doesn't work, this one could:

>Pick up item (Has limited ammunition.)
>Upon use, ammunition is deprived per shot
>Ammunition runs out, (cannot be refilled) item is to be disposed of either by the player themselves, or automatically (preferred).

This would work a lot better for my use, and I would prefer this over the timed system. However with this I would need to be able to set different values of ammunition for each weapon/item.

Also this would need to work with AddRandomItem, which seemingly wouldn't be an issue.

Thanks in advance!
-speeddog73
« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 03:00:28 PM by speeddog73 »

it sounds like you either want an item like the medkit with constant use, or an item with a delayed action that doesn't need to be held down
the other thing you posted sounds like you just want a limited ammo system

what is it that you want?

Thanks in advance!
-speeddog73
we can see your name on the left of your post, this is not an email

Think of what I'm talking about as PowerUps in MarioKart.

The tri-shells and tri-bananas for instance have a limited use, and can be used whenever you want them to be used and still stay in your 'inventory' until they are deprived. (This is what I mean by "Limited Ammo system".)

The Golden Mushroom upon use provides a speedboost whenever you hit the activate button. You can spam the hell out of it, or use it only once. It has unlimited uses until its timer runs out and it disappears. (This is what I mean by "Timed system".)

I'm looking for a way to use these mechanics to make a PowerUp system in a gamemode similar to SpeedKart.