[forget why] BrawlBRSTMs3 X is getting terminated by youtube (stream is down???)

Author Topic: [forget why] BrawlBRSTMs3 X is getting terminated by youtube (stream is down???)  (Read 6662 times)

for music copyright though the composer doesn't even have rights to their own music---umg does
literally they're the ones that decide whether or not a video gets taken down off of youtube

That’s not how it works. UMG isn’t some omnipotent copyright holder for everyone who ever makes music. Copyright should rightfully belong to the owner. Most of the time UMG, acts as a liaison for an artist. Current copyright laws actually work entirely in the benefit of the artist, as long as the artist doesn’t sign stupid stuff. Tac is right, an artist should own every bit of their music and how it’s proliferated.

what about it?
xbox one version is done by the dudes who did the end is nigh and boi rebirth instead of danny b

Tac is right, an artist should own every bit of their music and how it’s proliferated.
o yeah i definitely agree with that, even tho it may not have seemed like i did
that being said tho, it does still kinda suck that this channel's going down due to it. i loved listening to the seamless extended loops while i was playing some other game or doing something else :(

well that's pretty stupid lol, no companies would hire someone to make something if that was the case

I don't quite know how video game composers get their share but in TV and Film, most composers keep writing rights, but its entirely dependent on the contract and what ownerships are agreed to be relinquished or not. Some company composers get assigned to make music, some music is bought from a composer via 'shopping', and some are commissioned outside the company. Its entirely negotiable.

it's an infringement of copyright that's being dealt with
so?
1. the original artist is not being harmed, since most games don't have purchasable soundtracks
2. the game developers might actually benefit, since good music is a factor in people purchasing a game (not particularly relevant here because it's such an old game)
3. people are getting enjoyment from it

i'm not arguing that they didn't have the legal right to issue copyright claims, i'm arguing that they're starfishs for doing it anyway

they could have just notified the user, and ask them to take it down. instead they went straight for the nuclear option
« Last Edit: December 24, 2017, 10:01:11 PM by TristanLuigi »

ok so he loses his account; he makes a new one and loses absolutely nothing because he doesnt monetize his videos.

ok so he loses his account; he makes a new one and loses absolutely nothing because he doesnt monetize his videos.
this

That’s not how it works. UMG isn’t some omnipotent copyright holder for everyone who ever makes music. Copyright should rightfully belong to the owner. Most of the time UMG, acts as a liaison for an artist. Current copyright laws actually work entirely in the benefit of the artist, as long as the artist doesn’t sign stupid stuff. Tac is right, an artist should own every bit of their music and how it’s proliferated.
UMG uses bots to flag youtube videos for copywrite claims that aren't even true or right in any way. half of rick beato's videos got demonetized because he used 13 seconds of a 30 year old 5 minute long jazz song in a livestream for the purpose of instructing people on how to make jazz---mind you they got the composer and date wrong when they flagged it---adam neely has had his stuff demonetized before for using short clips of music he himself played
the stuff umg does is honestly pretty disgusting seeing as they're stopping content that is actively making people want to continue making and learning about music
when i said that umg holds the rights to music, i meant privately. musicians don't make deals with umg to have them take stuff down, it just gets put into their database (very forgetin lazily for that matter) and then it's liable under youtube copyright infringement

o ya update btw

it's a christmas miracle

woah... its almost as if it was a publicity stunt

well dang if it was then why wasn't it discussed here more is my question
i mean i know it was mentioned but it was pretty overshadowed lol but i did have a part in that i guess :/
« Last Edit: December 26, 2017, 01:14:28 AM by gr8dayseth »

well if u knew this all along why didn't u just say so ;)

sry i guess i'm being nitpicky again lol i'll stop now
« Last Edit: December 26, 2017, 01:34:14 AM by gr8dayseth »