Author Topic: psa: how to do the parachute jump thing on tbd's dogfight  (Read 1662 times)

if you've ever seen someone rocket up out of the water in thebrighterdark's dogfight server, which is now being hosted again, and wanted to do it yourself, congratulations. there is a specific and reliable way to accomplish this feat and turn the parachute into the undisputed best mobility item in the game

step 1: take a parachute from the spawn
step 2: go into any body of water
step 3: decide which direction you want to go and hold the appropriate movement key
step 4: hold space and rapidly double click your parachute. your goal is to take it out and put it away as fast as possible otherwise you will be ricocheted back into the ground and die of fall damage
step 5: if all went well you are now at an absurd height and flying through the air in your intended direction

note: if you are moving down instead of up (which is the point of holding space) you will fly into the ground and die or go below the map

this works on any server with the parachute enabled and water to enter (ie: most dogfights)
« Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 10:58:43 PM by DestroyerOfBlocks »

it's like if the exo suits from cod but gravity doesn't exist for a few seconds

oh no maybe it will actually be fixed and i will have to actually fly the stupid planes now

oh no maybe it will actually be fixed and i will have to actually fly the stupid planes now
this was the exact thought that i was feeling the moment i saw the thread pop up
but holy crap it's really fun tho when you kinda get the hang of it

And there was much rejoicing.
Seriously, don't blame the gamemode for being about planes if you can't fly.

Seriously, don't blame the gamemode for being about planes if you can't fly.

The problem isn't that aerial combat in blockland requires some level of skill in the slightest (which it doesn't), the problem is that it sucks and is boring. Getting in a plane, flying over a bunch of water, and parachuting to your destination is the only thing the planes get used for, which is really just a 5 minute replacement for walking from point A to B (unless it drops massive bombs that instakills everyone in cover).

i wonder if the red baron will return...

OT: oboi never knew parachutes doubled as propellers

Thanks, but I don't play that game.  :cookieMonster: