Author Topic: Intercosmic - not as bad as wadanohara now with asteroids  (Read 5196 times)

ok so this is what i've been working on the past month. it's a game where you control a starship along with 2 other teammates and try to kill the other team's ship. there's 3 roles each teammate plays on each ship: pilot, gunner, and engineer. pilot flies the ship and has various movement abilities he can use, gunner shoots guns that fire along predetermined paths and also has abilities, and the engineer supplies power to the 2 other teammates because abilities use power, and also manages a crew resource that buffs various different stations around the ship. this stuff is based on some real old roblox stuff called space conflict so if you know about that holy stuff i'm impressed and no it isn't like space conflict because space conflict had grinding and intercosmic doesn't suck even that much richard. anyways we're doing a semi-public test where i'm just going to post the password on here and you can join. make sure to get the client from the download below if you're going to help playtest. this stuff is first come first serve and there's only room for 6 people right now (planning to have 2 ships per team in the future, allowing for 12 players max. maybe we'll increase the limit of that too who the stuff knows) so join now. for you testers i don't care if you take pictures and talk about the game and whatnot so go wild call the game stuff if you think it is

password is newgame
here's the download for the client: http://www.garycact.us/i/U2NlbmVyeQ/Kq4PWRYX.zip
its being hosted under Scenery's Intercosmic

ok we're done with testing for today check back on the thread for progress
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 04:19:30 PM by Gytyyhgfffff »

this guy is such a liar he said that this was battlemix on glass chat

that's quite the block of text

sounds like an interesting concept, what are people in, vehicles or brick built things?

i can confirm this is fun, engineer is really hectic but feels rewarding after you figure out what the forget your doing

i can confirm this is fun, engineer is really hectic but feels rewarding after you figure out what the forget your doing

we're planning to add a tutorial we just wanted to make sure everything works

also i'll post some screenshots of the next round once we start it

a legendary duel between me, you, and ayebee vs skill4life, squib, and gytyy has commenced
we totally won

the red/blue stuff are various abilities being shown, lets the teammembers coordinate their attacks, such as with the plasma guns which are shot out of the side of the ship 3 at a time. the pilot has to maneuver the ship so the plasma bolts will hit their target, and the gunner actually has to click to fire the plasma guns

that's quite the block of text

sounds like an interesting concept, what are people in, vehicles or brick built things?
the ships are technically aiplayers that are maneuvered by the pilot

if you have any questions ask and i or destroyerofblocks will answer them
« Last Edit: September 05, 2017, 07:20:10 PM by Gytyyhgfffff »

whoa this seems really cool is there a set time for the next one

whoa this seems really cool is there a set time for the next one
not yet but if we're going to test i'll try to post a day or two in advance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vrh9YpHcIik
since motherships require 3 people each and the game won't function with say 2 out of 3 people in one mothership we're going to have fighters that extra players play in. the idea is to have them be independent from the two teams but give the fighters a reason to ally with one side over another probably via one team giving them power or some stuff because fighters will not be able to generate power on their own. they will fire plasma bolts via the ability toolbar at the bottom, in the video i'm firing them with a macro because i needed to test the firing out.

also there will be engine sounds so that there isn't just no sound at all during downtime because that stuff is just bad design

if you missed the videos that i have been uploading over the course of a month check them out you'll get a sense of how the game plays. some of the videos are from outdated versions so that's why some stuff might look different
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_6M8xDIJRo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kd8fn50ZLzU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlLh1ggjXug

looks cool, didn't get a chance to play it tho...

my life is hectic right now so i still can't model the space station, hope ur k with that

Looks amazing, hope to play it whenever it is up.

Are there any obstacles in the map like asteroids or debris?

so how the game works as of now:
you got 2 teams fighting to capture a center area control point style. each team is composed of ships, the significantly large ones seen in this post. ships are crewed with 3 players who take on the roles of the engineer, the gunner, and the captain. each role is necessary for the ship to function and kill the other ship.

the captain pilots the ship and is able to use a variety of movement abilities.

the gunner is in charge of firing the weaponry and preventing projectiles from getting through the point defense

the engineer is in the background and controls energy distribution and the nonplayer crew. energy is the resource needed to use abilities and fire the weapons and is needed by both the pilot and the gunner. energy regenerates over time and is constantly consumed, so the engineer has to continually feed it to the other two players to keep the ship operational. the crew are assigned to departments (gunnery, shield, hull repair, fire station, ect) to benefit that station, but there are a limited amount of them and moving them takes time. management of both is essential to ship operations.

if the total players in game is not divisible by 6, extra players become smaller fighters which look like this. fighters are a third party that compete among themselves to do the most damage total and are piloted by one player. a fighter pilot is able to control his ship and use the weaponry at the same time, but is overall far weaker than a standard ship and cannot generate energy on his own. instead, engineers on ships are able to give fighters energy to expend in exchange for a shaky alliance.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 07:53:48 PM by DestroyerOfBlocks »