Author Topic: Some sort of rendering bug, game is unplayable.  (Read 2276 times)

So I encountered this bug today;

I have tried reinstalling Blockland and starting without any addons. I know there are addon conflicts but i doubt that is it since I had the same problem without any addons enabled.
If anyone has any tips // has experienced this before then I would love to hear about it.

I seem to have made some progress, it seems like the bug is caused by the ground when its rendered. I looked upwards and disabled ground by making it transparent then the glitch stopped happening.

Sorry for double post.

Does this happen with shaders enabled? if so, have you updated your video drivers?

Does this happen with shaders enabled? if so, have you updated your video drivers?

Disabled shaders, didn't happen then. This is really weird since I updated my drivers around 3-4 days ago.

Too bad I can't play with shaders I guess.

Yes you can. Very common issue - easy solution.
https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=309053.0
update your NVidia drivers

if they're up to date, then we have issues

I updated my drivers around 3-4 days ago.
did you update your NVidia drivers too?

if they're up to date, then we have issues

(and do let us know so we don't update our drivers again)

Disabled shaders, didn't happen then. This is really weird since I updated my drivers around 3-4 days ago.

Too bad I can't play with shaders I guess.
If you keep them at "Minimum", it'll still look nice while not being bugged out.
The bug only happens with shadows, not shaders in general.

did you update your NVidia drivers too?

(and do let us know so we don't update our drivers again)

I did update my drivers to version 381.65 (around a week ago since i updated)

The bug stopped happening once I selected shaders either to be off completely or just minimum, since I can have the minimum option on I'm honestly fine with it. (Never did use shaders except for screenshots and such anyways)

It'd be useful if you could make sure you're on the latest Nvidia driver and let us know if it works

This is really weird since I updated my drivers around 3-4 days ago.

Did you have this issue before the driver update? it might be a good idea to roll back until nvidia releases a more stable driver update for your card