Author Topic: blogland: unbelievable mount of stress lately, on my breaking point  (Read 2128 times)

Get a job waiting tables. Anyone can do it. It's a start bud.

of course i can do it, but the problem is there's nothing separating me from the competition. i've applied at every place i can think of-- restaurants included. you name it i've probably applied there. i might reapply for all these places again, that might show i really want the job.

Just indirectly right? Resume probably won't get you far until you can get on top of that

i don't remember what i said, that was about 8 months ago. i can't even recall what i did yesterday.

but the problem is there's nothing separating me from the competition.

then do something that can. it's not that hard

then do something that can. it's not that hard

give me some ideas please. if i don't have a job by at least november, i'm forgeted. i need to save just so i can pay the registration fee for college.

try and find a way to volunteer for as long as you can with your schedule or something. ask thrift shops at least

give me some ideas please. if i don't have a job by at least november, i'm forgeted. i need to save just so i can pay the registration fee for college.

You could probably try something like laying bricks or shoveling fish or something. Those are jobs that could always use another unmotivated teenager who just "needs the money" for his buisness degree

Start with your learning. Are you a audio, visual, hands-on kind of learner? You'll find some good ideas about yourself after that

You could probably try something like laying bricks or shoveling fish or something. Those are jobs that could always use another unmotivated teenager who just "needs the money" for his buisness degree

forget off handicap. if i was unmotivated, my family would need to push me to work. i don't have a job with wage, but i help people with a lot of stuff. i helped people move a few times, i helped people redo their roofs, i helped people change various parts in vehicles, etc. i do this stuff at least 2 times a week. don't loving try to tell me i'm a lazy piece of stuff. i have the references but it still doesn't seem like it's enough for some reason.

Start with your learning. Are you a audio, visual, hands-on kind of learner? You'll find some good ideas about yourself after that

more hands-on than visual, but both.

forget off handicap. if i was unmotivated, my family would need to push me to work. i don't have a job with wage, but i help people with a lot of stuff. i helped people move a few times, i helped people redo their roofs, i helped people change various parts in vehicles, etc. i do this stuff at least 2 times a week. don't loving try to tell me i'm a lazy piece of stuff. i have the references but it still doesn't seem like it's enough for some reason.

more hands-on than visual, but both.
I believe you've tried low class jobs like Resturant part time jobs and realised that won't cut it?

Excuse me if I seem ignorant for not understanding. Why were you on social security in the first place? Why not get a basic job for some basic experience?

Excuse me if I seem ignorant for not understanding. Why were you on social security in the first place? Why not get a basic job for some basic experience?

i don't know why exactly but when my dad died, i started receiving his benefits (he had epilepsy and couldn't work) until i turned 18 then it stopped. my family thinks that as long as i go to college full time i should still receive the money.

i've applied at a lot of what you would consider basic jobs-- mcdonald's, big box stores, etc. i'm decently built so i've applied to places that need manual labor too.

I believe you've tried low class jobs like Resturant part time jobs and realised that won't cut it?

yeah i've applied at many restaurants and i guess it doesn't cut it.

forget off handicap. if i was unmotivated, my family would need to push me to work.

They probably gave up after they heard "boohoo nobody will hire me" for the 100th time. You post a lot of seriously sad sack stuff here, can't imagine what it's like to actually live with you. What's the difference between you and everybody else your age who has a job?

Also; I didn't call you lazy. I called you unmotivated. Different things. Brick laying isn't an easy job, but you don't need any drive to do it.

A resume is necessary even if it sucks.
This is not always the case, I got my first job without any resume whatsoever (grocery store job)

They probably gave up after they heard "boohoo nobody will hire me" for the 100th time. You post a lot of seriously sad sack stuff here, can't imagine what it's like to actually live with you. What's the difference between you and everybody else your age who has a job?

Also; I didn't call you lazy. I called you unmotivated. Different things. Brick laying isn't an easy job, but you don't need any drive to do it.

i'm going to ignore the obvious bait here, but there's nothing i can see different other than appearance. it surprises me because i generally appear more confident than my social group.

Do you like have any work experience? I might have read over it.

Do you like have any work experience? I might have read over it.

No