blogland: unbelievable mount of stress lately, on my breaking point

Author Topic: blogland: unbelievable mount of stress lately, on my breaking point  (Read 2127 times)

there's nothing i can see different other than appearance.

< nice guys get employed last

Are you trying to get a job as a male stripper? Do you have a swastika tattood on your forehead? Having a forgeted up eye won't prevent you from getting hired, and you don't need to be attractive to lay bricks.

< nice guys get employed last

Are you trying to get a job as a male stripper? Do you have a swastika tattood on your forehead? Having a forgeted up eye won't prevent you from getting hired, and you don't need to be attractive to lay bricks.

why are you trying so hard to associate me with an unmotivated person? i don't understand.

i'm sorry, i just don't appreciate being called unmotivated when i had to work hard and save dollars for most of the stuff i had. he's trying his best to bring me down but it's not going to work.

why are you trying so hard to associate me with an unmotivated person? i don't understand.

Because it's loving boring listening to entitled millennial snowflake #357435 bitch on the internet about how he can't get a job for x reason that somehow only applies to him. There's no other explanation. You yourself literally can't even think of one.

i'm sorry, i just don't appreciate being called unmotivated when i had to work hard and save dollars for most of the stuff i had. he's trying his best to bring me down but it's not going to work.

I don't have to try to bring you down, you do that yourself. I asked you to come up with a reason you don't have a job and you said "appearance". You instantly sold out your locus of control to a nonexistent beauty standard. You came up with that, not me.

"I had to save money in order to buy things" wow bro, just you and literally everybody else lmfao

Because it's loving boring listening to entitled millennial snowflake #357435 bitch on the internet about how he can't get a job for x reason that somehow only applies to him. There's no other explanation. You yourself literally can't even think of one.

I don't have to try to bring you down, you do that yourself. I asked you to come up with a reason you don't have a job and you said "appearance". You instantly sold out your locus of control to a nonexistent beauty standard. You came up with that, not me.

"I had to save money in order to buy things" wow bro, just you and literally everybody else lmfao

if you don't like my bitching, don't post. this is a thread about my stress causes so i'm discussing my problems in finding work. i didn't say it was because of my appearance, i've been trying to figure reasons why employers would choose people other than me. it was just something i thought of.

when i said i had to work for what i had, i meant that i grew up on a household income of about 12k per year and didn't have any personal things. all money went to bills and food. everything i've gotten-- a tv, playstation, whatever-- most of it i've worked hard for. i save the money people might sometimes give me for helping them. i have over $100 saved currently.

I feel ya on being stressed but really posting about it on the BLF is not a very smart thing to do

Hey man, I know this sounds super cliche but things do get better eventually, even if it's impossible to see. If you really can't find any position, I think selling plasma if you're eligible is the best way to get any kind of cash in your pocket.

For any position like cashier that says requires experience, it's a bunch of crap. They will train you on the spot. I worked at a large chain craft store last year with no retail experience, and worked as a cashier for a few months. For your resume, just put down any kind of experience like you've listed, and even high school teachers are acceptable references for entry level positions.

I hope everything gets better for you in the future my dude. I apologize if some of these words were unsolicited, it honestly sucks seeing fellow blockheads struggling and I want to lend a hand.

No
Try getting references, I would try teachers and a friend or so. Could go further if you have larger social groups.

I mean, heck lie about experiences if you have to and just pretend you know how to do it on the job if we are going desparato.

i mean, you dont have to open the thread
he's just asking for help and you're being a richard to him because you dont like it
« Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 10:41:22 PM by Frankie² »

Honestly man years ago when I was 16 looking for a job i applied everywhere for months and got no responses. It eventually happened and since then ive landed every job ive gotten an interview for. Just apply anywhere, no matter how degrading the job, eventually you'll get an interview then its all up to you.

if you don't like my bitching, don't post. this is a thread about my stress causes so i'm discussing my problems in finding work.

It's very apparent you think you're special, but the only thing this is is a thread on the BLF. If you have the right to post wildly pathetic stuff here every month, I have the right to call it pathetic. I'm already engaged in the conversation anyway.

i didn't say it was because of my appearance, i've been trying to figure reasons why employers would choose people other than me. it was just something i thought of.

You said the difference between people who have jobs and you is appearance, so you indirectly blamed your appearance, just like you indirectly told all your potential employers that you just want their money, because you can't convince yourself any differently, because you're unmotivated.

i grew up on a household income of about 12k per year and blah blah blah poor me

Yawn. Your struggles would be more impressive if you didn't use it to justify negative personality traits.

Omfg why are you making this about yourself