hi i broke my phone can i fix it

Author Topic: hi i broke my phone can i fix it  (Read 4151 times)

bob the builder <finish the lines>

what are some good phones for decent price tho

i was thinking LG G6/5 (G5 mainly because since the 6 came out, 5 is hella cheaper)
idk about you guys but it seems like a lemon phone
seems like a hell of a lot more failed than just the screen, likely ram as well.

samsung update bullstuff could just as easily cause similar issue.
for some reason my phone was getting constant updates, every day it was "system update!". not sure why.

while flashing options are limited on this brand xiaomi is an underrated phone brand imho, surprisingly cheap with incredibly good specs and build quality, the total opposite you would expect from a chinese company.
what /g/ has taught me is that xiaomi is a pretty decent brand phone--since its underrated and slightly unpopular i can't find many good spec listings for it (either that or im too tired to find any). if you can recommend a xiaomi phone that will range well with LG G5/6 that'd b great

oneplus is a bit hit or miss but when they do hit they hit extremely well. (oneplus 1 and 4) same as xiaomi

LG is starting to go in the direction of samsung in that theyre doing stupid stuff but theyre still good today. pls lg g5/g6 ;_;7

edit: please no iphones, and for one reason:
iphones aint my thing. no hate on iphones, they're just not my thing. i like customization on android, i like being able to move stuff around and have it my way. i don't like having all my apps in a box and having it very unorganized. Sure, you can have folders and stuff but it's still gross having EVERY SINGLE APP RIGHT IN YOUR loving FACE.

(they're decent phones but i prefer user customization).
« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 10:34:02 PM by Ayxrion »

it gets hot, quickly. i can have it on "ultra power saving mode" and airplane mode, and while its charging it'll be so loving hot i get a warning from my phone saying it wont charge it anymore due to it being so hot. NOTE that ultra power saving mode is like a seperate OS--it has the bare basic functions of a smartphone. internet, text, clock. theres nothing else to it. theres no reason it should be getting that hot so easily.
I think charging disables the power saving modes
and the heat is probably from the battery charging

Get the G6, iirc the G5 has bootloop issues

what /g/ has taught me is that xiaomi is a pretty decent brand phone--since its underrated and slightly unpopular i can't find many good spec listings for it (either that or im too tired to find any). if you can recommend a xiaomi phone that will range well with LG G5/6 that'd b great
https://www.gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_705268.html

somewhat superior raw power but slightly inferior screen (lg g6 is 1440p while the mi6 is 1080p)

https://oneplus.net/5 is also a valid option but they're brown town over rooting your phone, if you dont care about rooting then this is a valid option

one last thing: both the oneplus and xiaomi phones require the money up front, they're much, MUCH cheaper than the LG G6 but you can't put it on a contract or payment plan or anything unlike the lg g6. so if you're looking for a payment plan then the lg g6 would be much better.