generic error forum avatar

Author Topic: generic error forum avatar  (Read 2903 times)

i don't know why this error is occuring, and i'm not sure if it's the forum or this .gif i wish to change, but the .gif is 193kb and 75x75. why am i getting this generic error? i've tried at least 5 times and i still got the same message.

also i don't know why the other generic error avatar is locked, really could have helped and gave some insight. so that's why i'm making a new topic.

also additionally, i've optimized it. the limit should be under 2 megabytes, right?

try 74x74 sometimes 75 will refuse to work

I remember that Badspot blocked some people from changing avatars, not sure if that actually happened.

I remember that Badspot blocked some people from changing avatars, not sure if that actually happened.

He only locked the people that used avatars from "cropped sources," to put it lightly.

Have you tried using a different img uploading site instead of ezgif? Could be the prob....

Have you tried using a different img uploading site instead of ezgif? Could be the prob....
Uploading the image to another site was just to show us what they want it to be
The issue may be with the metadata, in which case saving it with a different program may work (or potentially uploading to a site and then downloading it again, hoping they edited it in the process)

Uploading the image to another site was just to show us what they want it to be
The issue may be with the metadata, in which case saving it with a different program may work (or potentially uploading to a site and then downloading it again, hoping they edited it in the process)
I guess your best option is to upload your correctly sized avatar, then run CCleaner to clear internet cookies and compact databases.

If you are on chrome, try ctrl+r, then do ctrl+f5/shift+f5 to reload the page without cache data

I guess your best option is to upload your correctly sized avatar, then run CCleaner to clear internet cookies and compact databases.

If you are on chrome, try ctrl+r, then do ctrl+f5/shift+f5 to reload the page without cache data
if they can't upload the avatar, clearing cache/refreshing isn't going to do anything
if it's uploaded without issues, just refreshing normally updates it locally

CCleaner
https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=313346.0

Wasn't aware of that, good thing I haven't updated that stuff in a long time

After re-reding the article

Quote from: Piriform
The compromise could cause the transmission of non-sensitive data (computer name, IP address, list of installed software, list of active software, list of network adapters, to a third party computer server in the USA"

This doesn't seem to be anything compared to yahoo and other big-time data breaches tho

Full Article:
http://www.piriform.com/news/blog/2017/9/18/security-notification-for-ccleaner-v5336162-and-ccleaner-cloud-v1073191-for-32-bit-windows-users?source=CgcOAwoDBw0&utm_source=cj-12992097&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=Skimlinks&utm_content=3987229&utm_term=2617611

ot: The avatar must be 75x75 pixels or less image size and probably less than 1Mb in file size

i was not involved in this

try 74x74 sometimes 75 will refuse to work

if i resize it to anything less than 75 it would look all stretched or stretched in some places. 75x75 is perfect with the animated pixel art.

ot: The avatar must be 75x75 pixels or less image size and probably less than 1Mb in file size

all of these are required to have this avatar uploaded

i see ezgif went handicap on me so i will upload the .gif in puush:

so would this mean i have to upload the original and non-resized gif elsewhere but ezgif?

i was not involved in this

if i resize it to anything less than 75 it would look all stretched or stretched in some places. 75x75 is perfect with the animated pixel art.

all of these are required to have this avatar uploaded

i see ezgif went handicap on me so i will upload the .gif in puush:

so would this mean i have to upload the original and non-resized gif elsewhere but ezgif?

would the problem be too much frames? i would try to edit it with less frams but i'm not really sure how.

forget, triplepost, i was supposed noedit that. forgive me.

if the file size is fine, try saving it with different programs (on your computer or online) and see if the metadata changes and lets you upload it
I doubt the number of frames is causing the issue