Author Topic: is anyone willing to model me doom weapons  (Read 2972 times)

Hello people, I am working on a doom weapon pack that I actually plan on releasing once it's finished.
However I need your help to make it a reality, because I don't have the right models for it.
I need a model of the chaingun, plasma rifle, super shotgun, rocket launcher and a BFG all in a somewhat blocky style.
I have already "finished" the regular pump action shotgun (here is a quick demo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3A5dL85ER_g&feature=youtu.be )
I'll try my best to post dev stuff here when I finish animating your model.
So yeah, thats all folks.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 11:54:42 AM by _OXBADCODE# »

y not just make your own tho

y not just make your own tho
I could make my own models, but the issue is that I'm not good at making blocky models, which is what I am in need of.

I mean I could try... I like the things I make but you might not like it or something might be wrong with it cuz there is always something wrong with them lol. Did you model the shotgun in the vid? That looks noice. Also, how'd you make the animation only show in first person? In third it was just a default thing.

how'd you make the animation only show in first person? In third it was just a default thing.
Milkshape's LOD feature allows me to do that kind of cool stuff.
While exporting a model you can change a group's LOD to 100 for it to be only visible in first person, using a 0 on a group makes it visible in third person only.

100 for it to be only visible in first person, using a 0 on a group makes it visible in third person only.

Interesting fact about LODs, Milkshape will only use the highest LODs provided and work down from there. If you had a model with LODs 1 and 2, groups with an LOD of 2 would be visible in first person only, while groups with an LOD of 1 (or lower!) would be visible in third person only.

Also, you can add a number at the end of a group in Milkshape, and it will automatically have that LOD upon export. For example, if you named your group "gun2", the group would already have an LOD of 2 in the export window.

Haven't experimented with it that much, the more you know ;^)

I got bored and modeled a Doom Chaingun cuz. Just the model of course. Lemme know if you need anything else from it or whatever if you want to use it for ur thing. Otherwise I'll find a use :cookie:

Fits Blockland style while still being very clearly doom, make more :D

cool stuff, keep it up man

a bit high poly because ive been modelling high poly things for a while instead of low poly things

I like where this thread is going