Explain your first time you got/bought blockland

Author Topic: Explain your first time you got/bought blockland  (Read 1874 times)

I saw an ad on gmod.org and I was like yoooooooo

i saw a recommendation for asdf movie in blockland like 8 years ago and then tried the demo

what really sold this game for me was playing on slopes with my brother where he'd make his guy look like Riddler and go ski around the slopes and i had to find and kill him as he left a trail of stuffty trees and music bricks

My good pal recommended it to me and then I convinced my dad to buy it for me after getting bored of playing the demo with the brick limit. At the time I was pretty enveloped in Garry's Mod and when I got into Blockland I remember thinking it was like Gmod, but with blocks. It wasn't long until I knew I found my favorite computer game.

My brother was looking for MMORPGs. Some random site had Blockland (v0002) listed in their list of MMORPGs for some reason. He downloaded it and then proceeded to tell me that "I found a cool lego game but the multiplayer doesn't work"

So one day before school or during lunch break or something (Was one of those people who didn't really care to socialize with other people at school) I decided to play it. It was still installed, etc etc. I couldn't figure out how to save so I just left the server running.

I come home to find several people on my server. My house was clearly gone due to the lack of the trust system. But there were staircases leading up to everything, including the bow outside the window. As well as all sorts of structures. Alas, the multiplayer did work! But still couldn't figure out how to save. So I hosted a server a couple of more times, but not on bedroom, chatted with some dude, we built a sky restaurant or something like that. I attempted to save using the mission editor, but upon starting the game again, it seemed to fail to load I think. Someone ended up joining and suggesting that I download a mod called RTB. And that's where everything began.

This video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzaLRjayeY4

This was a bit of phenomenon back in 2007 or 8 because iirc a lot of people were brought to Blockland via this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K82Bl9QWvbc

this video popped up while i was watching minecraft shet

This video
This was a bit of phenomenon back in 2007 or 8 because iirc a lot of people were brought to Blockland via this video

holy stuff for 2006 youtube his mic is really clear

i tried to bargain with my dad for a gamestop card but then i scrounged up a bunch of change that i was pretty sure was $20 and he just got it for me. i had played v0002 with friends for a long time before getting retail so it felt really nice to be able to finally play the full game

I had been playing the demo for at least 9 months, specifically a little thing I should remake. I couldn't find an alternative to putting money in my steam account so I made a post on the subreddit to see if anyone knew and someone straightaway offered to give me one of his copies for free. Exciting origin story, right?

This video

forget, I remember that video

I started playing Blockland when it was in V10 and I played the demo all the time, I even built the stereotypical rainbow hut with the 150 brick limit. I usually always played on bedroom or the kitchen map and I particularly loved the big pirate load for the kitchen. During this time, I was just a lil tater tot so I was broke. I used one of those offline keys which I felt kinda bad about but I played on and off then when I finally bought a key... sometime? I don't remember, I've only ever had one ID and that is 45907

it is 2013 and vinnytheguy/vv45689 was like hey fam blockland is cool also the forum bullies me a lot
i buy blockland, play it a few times. dont touch the forum because scary

i touch the forum, the furry megathread is created
i become a menace for 4 years
5th year is doing better but still a idiot

I downloaded BL years and years ago and I immediately uninstalled it because I had a laptop and I thought you needed a discreet numpad

I played lego universe but was too cheap to get the subscription service so I bought this instead. Turned out to be a much better decision. I changed my name to pacman and did a stuffty v18 bedroom freebuild.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 08:08:00 AM by OrangeMan² »

I was 8 years old, and played on Badspot's Block Party when v11 had just come out. Iban was on the server building some kind of dominoes type thing, and he got angry because people kept trying to look at it, so he made the floor of it deadly. Somebody called me either gay or a cigarette, I forgot the specifics.