Author Topic: blockland crashes when when it's nearly done loading add-ons / about 70%~ done  (Read 1696 times)

no idea what's conflicting to cause this. i can't figure it out from console log so if someone else can and can show me how to figure it out myself for next time that'd be dandy

Code: [Select]
Error opening zip (Add-Ons/GameMode_TroubleInBlocktown-master.zip), need to handle this better...
Error opening zip (Add-Ons/Player_MeleeAnims-master.zip), need to handle this better...
Error opening zip (Add-Ons/Script_Blood-master.zip), need to handle this better...
Error opening zip (Add-Ons/Spell_Dungeons.zip), need to handle this better...
Error opening zip (Add-Ons/Weapon_Melee_Base-master.zip), need to handle this better...
Error opening zip (Add-Ons/Weapon_Package_Generic-master.zip), need to handle this better...
Error opening zip (Add-Ons/Weapon_Throwables-master.zip), need to handle this better...
You've got a lot of addons that aren't loading correctly, the .zip files may be corrupted. Not sure if this is the cause of your crash but I felt it's worth pointing out.

Activating package: RTBC_ModManager
    Add-On has been renamed from "Colorset_Awesome - Dark" to "colorset_awesomedark" - will not execute
    Add-On has been renamed from "Item_DragonRoar1" to "item_dragonroari" - will not execute
    Add-On has been renamed from "Weapon_M6C" to "weapon_m67c" - will not execute
You've also got some failbinned and broken mods as well. Might want to get rid of those.

Add-Ons/Script_AddOnFavorites/client.cs (0): Unable to find object: 'AddOnsGui' attempting to call function 'getObject'
BackTrace: ->[AllPrintRatios_Client]onStart->[AllPrintRatios_Client]serverPart2->[AllPrintRatios_Client]initClient->[AllPrintRatios_Client]loadClientAddOns

Add-Ons/Script_AddOnFavorites/client.cs (0): Unable to find object: '' attempting to call function 'add'
BackTrace: ->[AllPrintRatios_Client]onStart->[AllPrintRatios_Client]serverPart2->[AllPrintRatios_Client]initClient->[AllPrintRatios_Client]loadClientAddOns

Add-Ons/Script_AddOnFavorites/client.cs (0): Unable to find object: '' attempting to call function 'add'

<this repeats many many times>
Your add-on favorites mod is also causing a tremendous amount of console spam.

My diagnosis: You have an overburdened and unchecked addons folder. How often do you go through your addons folder and clean out useless or broken mods? It looks like you've just been downloading every single mod you come across. You've accumulated so much junk in there that it's no wonder your game is crashing. It's filled with mod conflictions and errors.

Move all your addons out of your addons folder and try again with just default mods. Then start slowly re-adding mods to the folder and restarting the game each time to see if it crashes again. Do this until you've isolated the mod causing it, and get rid of it.

But honestly dude, I would seriously consider getting rid of at least half your addons, you've got way too many bad mods.

Checking Add-On Weapon_Colt
    Add-On is in the list of known bad add-on CRCs - will not execute
Checking Add-On Server_ServerMusic
Checking Add-On Script_Me
These mods are also failbinned and should be removed.

CustomGameGui checking Add-On: JVS_ContentAlso, get rid of the JVS Content base file. The actual doors are fine but the JVS system that operates the doors is badly made and is known to cause many problems on servers running it. You'll be better off using the LegacyDoors support system for your JVS doors.'

CustomGameGui checking Add-On: Event_setVehicleAsPlayerControlGet rid of this mod too. It doesn't work and can crash the game.

CustomGameGui checking Add-On: Event_setPlayerTransform
  CustomGameGui checking Add-On: Event_doPlayerTeleport
Get rid of SetPlayerTransform, it's useless considering you already have doPlayerTeleport (doplayerteleport has all the features of setplayertransform and more), plus mod conflictions are possible here.

CustomGameGui checking Add-On: Brick_DemiansBP_6x_Wide
  CustomGameGui checking Add-On: Brick_DemiansBP_5x_Tall
  CustomGameGui checking Add-On: Brick_DemiansBP_4x_Wide
  CustomGameGui checking Add-On: Brick_DemiansBP_4x_Tall
  CustomGameGui checking Add-On: Brick_DemiansBP_3x_Wide
  CustomGameGui checking Add-On: Brick_DemiansBP_3x_Tall
  CustomGameGui checking Add-On: Brick_DemiansBP_2x_Wide
  CustomGameGui checking Add-On: Brick_DemiansBP_2x_Tall
  CustomGameGui checking Add-On: Brick_DemiansBP_2x_Half
  CustomGameGui checking Add-On: Brick_DemiansBP_1x_Half
  CustomGameGui checking Add-On: Brick_DemiansBP_1x
  CustomGameGui checking Add-On: Brick_DemiansBB3
  CustomGameGui checking Add-On: Brick_DemiansBB2
  CustomGameGui checking Add-On: Brick_DemiansBB
  CustomGameGui checking Add-On: Brick_BlackDragonIV_Filler
  CustomGameGui checking Add-On: Brick_BlackDragonIV
These brickpack groups are all conflicting with one another. Pick one of these three groups and keep them, because they all overlap with each other on many bricks, or have different bricks with the same UI names, and can cause save file loading/saving issues. The first group, with the large variety of Demian's #x brickpacks, are his old brickpacks, so you should get rid of those no matter what, as his 3 new brickpacks (the middle group) contain all of those in newer condensed and updated formats.
Me personally, I prefer to use BlackDragon's as they have some bricks Demian's don't, but it's up to you.

Your add-ons stop loading at the bot addons, so for a potential easy fix, I recommend moving all your bot addons out of your addons folder and trying again. They seem like the most likely cause of the crashes.

i thought i turned half of that stuff off

i managed to get a server running but i'll still go through my garbage

thanks boss

My diagnosis: You have an overburdened and unchecked addons folder. How often do you go through your addons folder and clean out useless or broken mods? It looks like you've just been downloading every single mod you come across. You've accumulated so much junk in there that it's no wonder your game is crashing. It's filled with mod conflictions and errors.

Move all your addons out of your addons folder and try again with just default mods. Then start slowly re-adding mods to the folder and restarting the game each time to see if it crashes again. Do this until you've isolated the mod causing it, and get rid of it.

But honestly dude, I would seriously consider getting rid of at least half your addons, you've got way too many bad mods.
i am an add-on mausoleum i don't think i've gotten rid of a single add-on since i downloaded this game

If you don't want to delete them, you can create a folder to stash a bunch of them in.

If you don't want to delete them, you can create a folder to stash a bunch of them in.
when blockland's master server is annihilated ill put my mausoleum on the internet