12 (13%)
Land of Dran
40 (43.5%)
Something else "block" related
15 (16.3%)
Block Party
25 (27.2%)

Total Members Voted: 92

Author Topic: Land of Dran  (Read 32977 times)

tell noone.

tell noone.
you told everyone on the forum who visits the latest post on this here thread.

mipmapping when
I guess I can work on that now.
I'm just disappointed not many people came on to test. I got like 4 or 5 people hop on over the entire weekend ;c
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 04:25:03 PM by DrenDran »

mipmapping when

Fixed by adding:
Code: [Select]
glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL_TEXTURE_MIN_FILTER, GL_LINEAR_MIPMAP_LINEAR);
glGenerateMipmap(GL_TEXTURE_2D);

« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 02:58:35 PM by DrenDran »

you told everyone on the forum who visits the latest post on this here thread.
shshsh

I guess I can work on that now.
I'm just disappointed not many people came on to test. I got like 4 or 5 people hop on over the entire weekend ;c
Honestly it's because the game looks bad. I have no doubt that you put a lot of backend work into this but what it comes down to is how the game looks.

The grass textures, player model, and even the font used to label the player's name are absolutely disgusting and does not make me want to play. The chat GUI looks nice, which makes it weird because nothing else in that picture does. I don't mean to sound harsh here but I figured you should know.

There's a reason Ghost's game got so much attention/hype, everyone was focused on what the player would look like and all the graphical stuff.

^ that's fair
The playermodel stand-in looks pretty bad. I get you want to have the actual game working before you worry about graphics but that is probably the reason you're not getting folks to join.

I'd suggest making controls feel nicer first. Jumping is too high/3rd person camera is super far back/walking animation doesn't match up with actual speed (you might've fixed this one)
I think those are what's keeping me.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 10:38:06 AM by Nonnel »

it's just Lua it don't stand for stuff
LUA is Lua Uppercase Accident
thanks two years of coding in gmod
Lua means moon iirc

Hey there now that New Year's is over I'm probably going to resume work on this. So yeah, next up is fixing the models/textures to make it look nicer.

Lua means moon iirc
yes, in portuguese
the language was created by a brazilian

correct your mistake drendran, or you will face The Consequences