12 (13%)
Land of Dran
40 (43.5%)
Something else "block" related
15 (16.3%)
Block Party
25 (27.2%)

Total Members Voted: 92

Author Topic: Land of Dran  (Read 32951 times)

Some bugs/critiques:
  • When I open and close the Menu, I am stuck in mouse lock, and have to manually unlock it. I think the mouse should just be unlocked once the menu is closed.
  • Brick menu does not automatically mouse lock when you open it.
  • Weapons can be thrown inside and through bricks.
  • If you enter the house by the shore and stop in front of the door as you are exiting, you end up falling between the 2-wide space between the floor and the door frame and shaking around.
Here's a short video demonstrating the last two in bugs in the list.

Have extracted and tried to run again, says libassimp.dll is missing.

are you running it from the folder directly? did u extract? in the pic it shows you're running it from the .zip directory..

are you running it from the folder directly? did u extract? in the pic it shows you're running it from the .zip directory..
He already found out the problem.

wat

"cant load font"

this is on the 1rst pc too

and i know this gpu supports more than open gl 3.1

Also, "Block Party" is probably taken by some other game. Just figured I'd let ya'll know ahead of time.

Also, "Block Party" is probably taken by some other game. Just figured I'd let ya'll know ahead of time.
I've looked and I don't think it is. A search through copyrighted names for computer files in the US didn't bring up anything for Block Party or Blockparty. (I did find Blockland under it)
Just looking it up the closest things I can find are "Spongebob Block Party" and some 20-game bundle that came with the Wii in 2008.

I've looked and I don't think it is. A search through copyrighted names for computer files in the US didn't bring up anything for Block Party or Blockparty. (I did find Blockland under it)
Just looking it up the closest things I can find are "Spongebob Block Party" and some 20-game bundle that came with the Wii in 2008.
Interesting. Well, it's not a bad name, if a bit generic. I'd consider it.
Anyway, the original server is still up and will probably remain so for a day or so.

Anyway, here's a to-do list:
  • Make escape and brick menus deal with mouselock correctly
  • Add ability to rotate bricks
  • Fix bugs with super shift
  • Fix transparency issues where certain bricks had non-transparent ghost bricks
  • Find missing bricks that were unavailable to build with in the last test
  • Fix issue where sometimes the wrong sound would play
  • Fix issue where after a while your chats and sounds would start repeating and you'd have to restart the game
  • Add a graphical brick picker menu
  • Add a color palette choosing menu
  • Prevent overlapping bricks
  • Prevent floating bricks
    Above is everything I hope to have done by next weekend in terms of building.
    I also hope to have a master server, and server select screen where you choose your server as well as your nickname in-game.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 11:11:27 PM by DrenDran »

Why is this a thing? Genuinely not an insult but i'm curious to why it's worth re-making blockland when blockland is still alive and well.

My guess is lack of updates and bad physics?

Why is this a thing? Genuinely not an insult but i'm curious to why it's worth re-making blockland when blockland is still alive and well.

for fun

Why not?

The server from before is actually still online and the build is still there.
I'm actually sort of impressed how it worked out.
Hopefully next weekend will be the beginning of real building now that the build system is shaping up nicely.

1. stuffty physics, no buildable vehicles, vehicles basically unusable since there's no terrain and you can't drive on bricks without glitches
2. No binary file i/o
3. Lacking graphics capabilities, no security cams, no mirrors, no particle physics, etc.
4. No terrain anymore

Because Blockland isn't going to get any serious updates, so we may as well start our own, improved game. Personally, I have been waiting for/expecting a project like this for about a year now.