Author Topic: Where does Google get this info from?  (Read 885 times)

is this through the review system? it has to be like a phone app or something like google maps doing this? does anyone know im curious/woke

My guess is the same way they get traffic, by going through cell towers

They track everybody's location via phone, and then cross reference that data with their geographical data, and determine where everybody is shopping/eating at what time of the day

They track everybody's location via phone, and then cross reference that data with their geographical data, and determine where everybody is shopping/eating at what time of the day
what program is requesting the location?

google maps. it sounds creepy but the stuff they do with this info is actually pretty useful. like if you have a daily routine it will notice that wherever you're going to at 8 am every day or whatever has to be your work place so it will give you traffic reports ahead of time in the morning.

popular times for what? OP is so ambiguous

what program is requesting the location?

Any program run/made by Google with location services turned on. I guess it extends to any Android phone. I think. I don't really know. Unsurprisingly Google hasn't been incredibly forthcoming about how they retrieve our information.

popular times for what? OP is so ambiguous
for local places. just like how google maps can give you info like ratings and hours opened for stores near you. it uses geographical data to track how long people tend to stay at that store.

for example this is statistics for the amount of time people spend at the local walmart 3 minutes from me

for local places.
like what? the internet traffic to the business's website?

like what? the internet traffic to the business's website?
literal physical places. walmart, a gas station, your dang dentist office, whatever physical building you enter for whatever service.

did you know that under google's personal ads preferences, there's a button that lets you remove it because it knows too much about you.

did you know that under google's personal ads preferences, there's a button that lets you remove it because it knows too much about you.
wait nvm i am handicapped?
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 03:27:07 PM by hootaloo »