Susan Wojcicki now has a YouTube channel

Author Topic: Susan Wojcicki now has a YouTube channel  (Read 1280 times)

who dis
ceo of youtube according to their channel description lol

i reported it as misleading spam/fraud

"let me give you advice on how to be just like every other youtuber and have 0 originality"

I want to watch this channel get screwed over by the bad systems that were put in place

"let me give you advice on how to be just like every other youtuber and have 0 originality"

I want to be stereotyped, I want to be classified,

of course this makes me angry at youtube but from their perspective, what can they do?
like honestly what are you expecting if a website's source of income is declining?
if advertisers are suddenly complaining about their adverts being placed on offensive/bad videos, of course youtube is going to up their AI to demonetise more videos, which of course, means that more videos then before are being demonetised for no reason. it's not like this issue totally didn't exist before, and youtube is totally not going to make the process of selecting bad videos manual, there's weeks of content uploaded every day.
plus youtube is absolutely massive, they can't appeal to absolutely everyone at all times
being neutral and generic is key to income; if you don't have an opinion about anything, nobody has any reason to go against you. if your current content is generating lots of ad revenue, just continue with it. changing it is most likely just going to decrease that. a good example is jontron: he started talking about his opinions, and suddenly a chunk of his community suddenly hated him and never letting go about what he said. if you stay neutral and 'become a more lifeless person', nobody has a reason to hate you.
i'd find it extremely hard to believe that youtube's simply ignoring this. they're releasing all of these videos about equality and stuff to appeal to the advertisers and say 'this site isn't bad! advertise here! look at all the stuff we've done before!', of course they're going to show generic people with generic content, it's the most innocent-looking.
youtube red only really exists due to this issue: due to their main income decreasing (advertisements), they've decided that getting people to pay for series would fix this; there's no chance of advertisers suddenly not wanting to advertise on videos, the fee is there no matter what.
im not saying youtube's innocent, they've done a looot of dumb moves but i kinda feel now people are just hopping onto the 'hate youtube' train without thinking about it from their perspective as much.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 03:46:51 PM by K3k0m@n »

if she get google adsense money for the videos, that's forgeted up to be honest.

I paused adblock and refreshed 20 times to see if there were commercials.