Author Topic: I guess this is the new Tank Topic (update: reload makes sense)  (Read 10816 times)

I'm on vacation atm so I can't do anything yet

Will you be making any SPG's, and if you do will you be replacing their shells with HE instead of AP?

Will you be making any SPG's, and if you do will you be replacing their shells with HE instead of AP?
If any SPG is being used the correct way it would be extremely difficult to use without some sort of bird's eye view script which would probably be laggy af

If any SPG is being used the correct way it would be extremely difficult to use without some sort of bird's eye view script which would probably be laggy af
that's actually not true, proper use of a self-propelled gun is based on directions from forward observers after they find where the artillery is hitting, so all you really need is a basic idea of what postal code your shell is going to land in and then you listen to someone else up front to step it in closer. That is unless we're talking about Assault guns which are basically just semi-direct fire SPG's with typically lower caliber guns like a StuG or StuH. So basically its supposed to just be a lot of rough guesswork anyway when it comes to the first few shots, no different than learning what angles to throw your grenade at to get it where you want it.

we mean it's extremely hard to do in blockland

Hey pomp, I think I have a good idea for light tanks, if you make them, is to make them operable by one man, akin to strato's M1 Abrams.

Hey pomp, I think I have a good idea for light tanks, if you make them, is to make them operable by one man, akin to strato's M1 Abrams.
please no, makes it difficult for those of us that use strafe steering

an artillery script where you took a birds eye view would probably actually be hecka cool, sorta like ac 130, and wouldnt be terribly hard