cuphead legitimately has the best OST i've heard [cuphead megathread i guess]

Author Topic: cuphead legitimately has the best OST i've heard [cuphead megathread i guess]  (Read 9077 times)

The plane boss in this game is loving impossible to beat, got any tips?

the first one?

cuphead is mostly just bullstuff trial and error difficulty
So I take it you didn't play the game?

If you're talking about Hildaberg, just try to take as little damage as possible before she transforms into moon phase. Save up your supers for her second cloud transformation (level 5 can nuke the arrow transform almost instantly) and, if you're able to rack up another one, for the moon transformation. Once you actually make it to moon just loving fire off everything you have and kill her asap. Also, get close to her (but not inside the crescent so you don't forgeted when she pops her face out) and try to trigger the UFOs to fire early so you don't get trapped at the other end of the screen. If you have trouble not getting hit early buy the extra hitpoint at the shop. Good luck!

edit: try not to stray at the bottom of the screen as enemies and projectiles could be covered by the foreground scenery
« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 02:05:22 PM by Brikichu »

this OST sounds dope af, will listen more

but really, let's talk about Ori and the blind forest OST and Grim Fandango OST instead teheee

yhorm the deacon of cinders is the hardest boss of cuphat

if you're talking about hilda berg

in the final stage, The Red UFOs only activate when you've flown past them, the yellow ones do not. keep that in mind because it'll purposely through a red followed by a yellow one to trick you

Coffee helps tremendously with this battle as you don't have to worry about a dash charm, and getting consistent supers lets you breeze through tough forms (although the extra hearts do help)

Make sure to parry as many pink projectiles as you can, parrying in plane form is much easier than it is on the ground

For the Bull form, i've found that staying in the bulls sights (but all the way in the back) is good because there's a distinct wind-up and sound cue before it elongates his neck, and if you shrink and dodge you can get out of the way every time

For the Gemini form, when she spits out that sun, watch the forget out cus it'll randomly start shooting projectiles at 12:00 or 2:00 or wherever, i got caught by that thing practically every time

and finally rememember shrinking, in the heat of battle i tend to forget to do it but it can make dodging projectiles trivial

bait
ike is on like 50 layers of post irony at all times
Thanks, I was having trouble believing he was being serious.

D-did, did you seriously just compare playing a video game to flying a goddamn plane?
the logic follows. it's ridiculous to say "___ is difficult unless you do it right" because, unless it's intensive labor, if you know how to do something then it won't be difficult.

this game looks insanely boring and unsatisfying to play

this game looks insanely boring and unsatisfying to play
So does your dad... Gottem...

Are people really comparing this to dark souls?
Sure, they are both difficult int heir own right, but they are completely different genres. 2d bullet-hell shmup doesn't compare almost at all to something like dark souls, so at least try to pick a different game that's at least somewhat in the same realm as cuphead.

yeah like dark souls 2