Author Topic: YouTube Adpocalypse thread - Electroboom is Angry  (Read 6265 times)

I think it's safe to say at this point that YouTube is dead.
it's really sad how many big youtubers are making videos showing upsetness and anger about this, and yet not a single word is said from youtube themseleves.
thing is, youtube is definitely not going to die anytime soon. sure, you could move to the 10000 other alternatives that master matthew loves to shill, but the fact is that you're going to be losing something extremely important - the audience that watches your videos. nobody would want to move to a platform with wayyy less of an audience that enjoys their content.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 07:37:44 PM by Mr Queeba »

The only people benefitting from YouTube's system now are the most vain, stale, hollow "content creators" out of all of them. There are only a few good people with heart and soul left and before long they're going to be targeted too.

I'm not going to shill an alternative platform because no suitable one exists yet, but you can't reasonably say there won't be a shift to one a la Skype to Discord.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 07:39:40 PM by Tactical Nuke »

<

Vid.me is not better than youtube, just look at these pros and cons.

Vid.me

Pros: There are none.
Cons: ugly ass logo, cringe videos, no adpocalypse, no "Vid.me red", which means no $$$ for them and they will fall

YouTube

Pros: popular, has music, nobody cares about vid.me, around since 2008
Cons: starfish staff
K Thx, use youtube.
FTFY

i'd argue that the stufftiest parts of youtube are the third party corporations that ruined it
see: universal music group

YouTube started to collapse once Google "don't be evil" Inc. bought it

I think it's safe to say at this point that YouTube is dead.
well, no. it's not dead yet. it may die in the future, and at this rate it might even be soon, but let's keep ourselves honest.

well, no. it's not dead yet. it may die in the future, and at this rate it might even be soon, but let's keep ourselves honest.

something can be dead and still running

like the simpsons

the simpsons aint dead lmao what

anyways best case scenario youtube slowly dies over ten years. last thing we want is youtube to suddenly jump off a cliff and millions of useful videos are completely lost

the real problem is that any serious alternative would be hard pressed to have the infrastructure to guarantee uptime and fast streaming speeds to literally millions of viewers every second, let alone space for all the videos uploaded. any change would have to be gradual.

despite how much of a meme vid.me is right now, its probably the only realistic free alternative right now that may go somewhere. even so it may be too late for a change - google and youtube are pretty much too big to fail.

that was in 2006, only one year after youtube was created
are you sure it's been going to stuff for over 90% of its lifespan

something can be dead and still running

like the simpsons
i dont think you can compare a TV show that's lost its touch and a video streaming service loving its content creators. youtube is going to be dead when people stop using it.

nah it really started being stuff in around 2012 when they changed the algorithm

Favorite Youtube
honestly i really do wish youtube kept to it's roots and kept that kind of look around, or at least gave us the option to stick with that kind of theme for the website and channel themes
« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 12:50:23 AM by Decepticon »

the great man electroboom has unfortunately been struck
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjN3j0jZirs