[video] not-even-fallout-esque dialogue system(s) - gui works

Author Topic: [video] not-even-fallout-esque dialogue system(s) - gui works  (Read 5453 times)

threw out the hybrid idea and finished the classic mode

i made a basic script to utilize \c# instead of hexcoloring

i also forgot to add a brick sound during bind input, as well as remove my ghost brick

brick away and brick towards select options and brick plant chooses it, i didn't null the animations this time

check it out here or in the OP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVICIDcSGsE

credit to ike for the saloon
new vegas 2

So is this like real events or something?
unfortunately

i would love for this to be a full add-on, but i have no idea how to format xml trees for dialogue, let alone get the game to read it

woah where can i get that bindaction event

does that let you basically create multiple input options for one brick? aka like a control panel?

i need that

woah where can i get that bindaction event

does that let you basically create multiple input options for one brick? aka like a control panel?

i need that
https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=294361.0

you can't assign separate actions to different binds on the same brick (yet), so you'll need a named brick for multiple binds

for example:

brick_main:
onactivate > brick_a > playerbindaction > brickleft
onactivate > brick_b > playerbindaction > brickright

brick_a:
onactiondown > client > bottomprint > "this is brick a"

brick_b:
onactiondown > client > bottomprint > "this is brick b"

keep in mind you can press more than one per frame (ms), which can mess up events involving vce/cancelevents

You know what would be cool if you could have an interface pop up similar to F1 and F2.

watch me swooce right in
« Last Edit: May 08, 2018, 02:38:12 AM by Car Selling Pyro »

https://youtu.be/sjaUMJqlWXM kept you waiting huh

got a gui to work, it's alright but i really want to refrain from using buttons/scroll lists and stick with MLtext

the music came in a bit late for some reason, keep in mind there's no post-editing in these videos, everything is done with events/stuffty scripts

now that finals are over, i might finish up the series with the next video

can you releas a example template thing because i cant think up of any sort of way to actually pull this stuff off

can you releas a example template thing because i cant think up of any sort of way to actually pull this stuff off

the gui was made in v20 blockland mission editor, you can load it up from there

GuiMLTextProfile is the text (like centerprint and bottomprint) and GuiBitmapButtonCtrl calls a function when you click on the extent, it's meant for a bitmap image with it but i already have the text

i really wanted to use buttons or scrolling lists but it doesn't allow for fancy formatting like <br> or <color:ffffff> for the text

my functions just lead to calling a vce_callfunction on a brick because i like organizing it ingame with the event system

the bitmapbutton border is too small so you can't click on the right parts of the text, just being lazy on my part

this guide picked me up on it, most of the photobucket images are dead so i had to brute force it

i still have no idea how to make things look organized, but it's a good start for what it's worth

woah, this is absolutely radical. Could be used for something like a campaign but i think no-one wants to develop one

Wow, this is a really revolutionary i dunno, forgetin, okay system you're working on, Car Selling Pyro
« Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 03:24:33 PM by IkeTheGeneric »