Author Topic: Activision Files Patent for Matchmaking that Encourages Microtransactions  (Read 2075 times)

what part of "tune match variables" led you to conclude that one person will have an unfair advantage over the other?
Cosmetics don't make sense to put into that sort of variable, unless they have some stuff that can figure out someones taste in hoods helmets and pauldrons and obnoxious camos to go with.
I mean I sure hope they have something like that instead, I dont care if I get paired against a bunch of sparkle fairies running around in rainbow prints.

I think that the variable they would have an easier time tracking is how someone actually plays the game, do they use mostly shotguns? Snipers? Melee? If so pair them against players who bought the high end shotgun/sniper/melee
edit tho: maybe I am just misunderstanding what they want to do with such a system

also isnt it supposed to be McJobs job to defend developers trying to get more money out of players?
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 02:35:33 PM by Spartan923 »

also isnt it supposed to be McJobs job to defend developers trying to get more money out of players?
I'm not supportive of building gameplay mechanics out of external factors such as money or health.