Blockland goes crazy when i turn on shaders

Author Topic: Blockland goes crazy when i turn on shaders  (Read 3082 times)

it would be helpful if we had your gpu

is it nvidia or radeon? (or intel if you a ¢heap mofo)

and er...
update the drivers for them

ok now it crashes on startup
what happens if you use a clean install with updated NVidia drivers?

what happens if you use a clean install with updated NVidia drivers?

it runs completely fine

You have a massive amount of broken zips in your add-ons folder, all starting with ._
Try moving those out or deleting them.

those have been in there for a long time and haven't caused me any problems, do you think removing them would fix the problem?

those have been in there for a long time and haven't caused me any problems, do you think removing them would fix the problem?
Worth a shot, not like its irreversible or difficult to revert. Just remove them from your bl install (not just addons folder, in case it's the file name itself loving the game) should be enough

ok i tried to run blockland with a completely default addons folder and it still crashed

i'm gonna crash my computer into a wall aaaaaaa

Uninstall the nvidia drivers and all nvidia / geforce software completely, re-install an older version of your video card's driver (like back 1-2 versions) and install the said driver

Try that

i'm a complete idiot time and time again apparently. it seems the root of the problem was reshade not liking the new drivers, so i removed reshade and it works fine now.

i'm a complete idiot time and time again apparently. it seems the root of the problem was reshade not liking the new drivers, so i removed reshade and it works fine now.

but now reshade won't work. how can i fix this?

either need the drivers that reshade works with, or wait for reshade to be updated