What are some games where you fight swarms of enemies?

Author Topic: What are some games where you fight swarms of enemies?  (Read 4983 times)

if you wanna hear bad things about it i got a word or a few hundred
sure
Rust
How so? Isn't it just a survival game with the only real threat being other players and helicopters?

doom is pretty good at it because the swarms aren't all one enemy type, so you have to think on the spot which enemy type to kill first while avoiding being hit by the other enemies in the swarm
oh yea doom is basically the quintessential run and gun game how did i not think about this

doom is pretty good at it because the swarms aren't all one enemy type, so you have to think on the spot which enemy type to kill first while avoiding being hit by the other enemies in the swarm
this but replace doom with warframe

by doom i mean doom 2016

I mean Doom 1, 2, and 4 all fit that description though

i haven't played 1 or 2 so i wouldn't know how good they are. also give quake a miss it did a lot of stuff badly like the lighting being way too dark and the blue slime enemies in the last chapter and a bunch of other stuff i can't remember right now

I beat Quake last year; I thought it was fun.  The vores and blue slime can get forgeted though.  Also the ending is very anti-climactic.

If you are gonna play it, I'd recommend using Quakespasm because the Steam port is garbage.

Speaking of garbage ports, if you want to play Doom 1 and 2 you should use ZDoom or GZDoom.  Though you'll want to disable the ability to jump and look up and down if you want the authentic Doom experience.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 05:43:28 PM by Electrk.. »

sure
The first bit of it might be fun. But once you get to the grinding and farming. You're soon just ripping everything apart effortlessly until you get another thing that helps you do it even faster, or rip other things apart. And that's really all there is.

I beat Quake last year; I thought it was fun.  The vores and blue slime can get forgeted though.  Also the ending is very anti-climactic.

If you are gonna play it, I'd recommend using Quakespasm because the Steam port is garbage.
personally i used the ezquake client which was pretty good because it let me turn up the gamma so i didn't have to deal with the bullstuff darkness that is littered all over in the 3rd and 4th chapters. the vores and blue slimes are really stupid and the cunts that shoot lightning are a massive bitch on nightmare and combined with the stuffty darkness and bad ending boss battle doom 2016 just makes for a more fun experience

although when doom 2016 gave me the railgun it should have just ended the game there because my accuracy was like 90% and no level after that stood even half a chance so the balancing could use some work. its way better than quake even with the op weapons
« Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 06:10:16 PM by Gytyyhgfffff »

not necessarily swarms of enemies but  quake 2 and unreal (the old campaign game) is fun