Building the next Medieval RP.

Author Topic: Building the next Medieval RP.  (Read 7885 times)

brother it's loving blockland lmfao
To be fair, you can make very natural looking terrain in blockland.

The bricks are square, the grid is square, the word "block" in blockland implies a land made of squares.

Everyone expects there to be rounded terrains?????????

Just need to download like 2,000 custom bricks and put in about 400,000+ more bricks worth of detail.

Just need to download like 2,000 custom bricks and put in about 400,000+ more bricks worth of detail.
Just need to put the effort in using default bricks and following an outline you put in beforehand...?

Just need to put the effort in using default bricks and following an outline you put in beforehand...?

I'm already expecting to go over 600,000 when this is done.

If I add too much detail I'd probably hit around 900,000 instead.

I'm already expecting to go over 600,000 when this is done.

If I add too much detail I'd probably hit around 900,000 instead.
Theres an easier method to making terrain and it has minimal amounts of detail and looks great.  It would probably take less bricks to do so too.

Theres an easier method to making terrain and it has minimal amounts of detail and looks great.  It would probably take less bricks to do so too.

what?

Nobody said you couldn't

I think what I have for terrain looks fine.

Nobody said you couldn't

You dismissed my criticism by saying "it's blockland". Well in Blockland, you can build good stuff with barely any limitations AND be gentle to the bc even if you only have half a brain. I don't understand why you should settle for "ok" only because it's "blockland" Rally.

I'm just saying Tony. You could easily make the terrain good instead of bad. Don't know if you're lazy or just downright ignorant.

Also why do you force Lego themes into Blockland where it obviously doesn't fit. It's after all blockland not legoland. You got a castle with cool shapes and variation that is barely visible because it's all a black mess.

The lego theme actually kinda ruins the build in some places.  Some of the houses are colored to be very bright with odd colors and all it could remind me of is some freebuild hosted by a very young child which ruins the overall seriousness of the build.

To be fair, curves do use a lot more bricks than straight lines, since you can use significantly larger bricks for straight lines, unless you make the curves look horribly jagged by continuing to use large bricks.

I don't like curves. I've seen very few builds that pulled off massive curvy walls well. In the majority of instances they just use an astronomical amount of bricks and just make everything look like it was made of corrugated iron. The only real exception is wedges, but those bricks are incredibly limited and tend to end up looking like garbage. Also I'm not sure how popular big curvy outer walls actually were in the medieval era but I'm willing to bet the majority of them just had straight/squared off walls lol.

I like Tony's style. It reminds me of a time before doors or before we could even unrender bricks when we weren't obsessed with having the best builds with the best color-set or the latest and greatest style of building or whatever trying to show off how massive our lego-richards were on a web forum. We just had fun building. The way I see it there's two types of builders making moves on this website, people who spend a month trying to get a square-foot of terrain absolutely perfect, and the people who actually see their projects come to fruition. Outliers don't count because they're not human.

You dismissed my criticism by saying "it's blockland". Well in Blockland, you can build good stuff with barely any limitations AND be gentle to the bc even if you only have half a brain. I don't understand why you should settle for "ok" only because it's "blockland" Rally.

I dismissed your criticism because it was bad criticism. "why dowsewnt the tewwain wook wealisitic" isn't a valid criticism because you haven't offered any direction to anyone. "You can do it if you have half a brain" doesn't help anybody. If it's that simple nothing is stopping you from telling us how to do it, I'm sure everyone would love to hear your half-a-brain method to great terrain with little resources.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 09:55:32 PM by Rally »

I'm just saying Tony. You could easily make the terrain good instead of bad. Don't know if you're lazy or just downright ignorant.

Also why do you force Lego themes into Blockland where it obviously doesn't fit. It's after all blockland not legoland. You got a castle with cool shapes and variation that is barely visible because it's all a black mess.

I'm not done with that I'm aware that one corner is bad lol.

The other corner doesn't look like that.

I didn't fully dismiss your criticism though. It's just that I'm currently adding onto what you already suggested I should change.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 02:46:17 AM by King Tøny »