Why are there no good TDM's being hosted recently and why are there so many rp's

Author Topic: Why are there no good TDM's being hosted recently and why are there so many rp's  (Read 2290 times)

yous server was pretty fun the like 1 minute it was up
hes bad at hosting though because he gets bored of his own game in like 15 minutes

just a heads up alxetora's tdm he hosted yesterday wasn't bad and he's fixing issues and complaints so try that stuff out

The reason behind it is the fact that RP's are, unfortunately, the easiest type of server to host, all you need to have is a build and that's it, you don't need to set up a map with events, download add-ons, create a minigame, have some friends to help as admins, create rules, set boundaries, nothing, just load a map and pretend that you're a character, and due to the fact that almost nobody is motivated to make unique servers for Blockland is the reason why the server list is full of RP's, which is sad.
Spear DMs are highly underrated. Don't need add-ons, events, or any of that nonsense. Just slap some cubes and spawns down and you're good.

As for TDM vs RP, while a TDM is likely harder to create, an RP is significantly harder to manage.
That is, unless you're some power tripping host. Then all you have to do is rule it with an iron fist and accumulate dramas. Pretty simple.

what even is a ttrpg
bad

How do people even play RPS? Idk, maybe im too old, but even when I was younger, the whole RP concept seems lame. I've always been competitive I guess is the reason.... There's literally 0 competition in an RP....

How do people even play RPS? Idk, maybe im too old, but even when I was younger, the whole RP concept seems lame. I've always been competitive I guess is the reason.... There's literally 0 competition in an RP....
I too enjoy competition, but it's not the one absolute only thing I ever enjoy in every waking hour.

It's an ever growing collaborative interactive story between multiple people.

because everyones too lazy to host them
ill probably try making a tdm map and host somtime