Author Topic: mario odyssey review scores are THROUGH THE ROOF  (Read 7290 times)

don't get me wrong I think the game is great but some of the power moons are just too easy to get.
"hey i think i'll go over here oh a lump I should ground pound it like you do with all the lumps OH POWER MOON"
i'm just afraid it's going to be too short proper-missions-wise and it's going to be a loving scavenger hunt based on too little info to get the power moons I don't need to progress

don't get me wrong I think the game is great but some of the power moons are just too easy to get.
"hey i think i'll go over here oh a lump I should ground pound it like you do with all the lumps OH POWER MOON"
i'm just afraid it's going to be too short proper-missions-wise and it's going to be a loving scavenger hunt based on too little info to get the power moons I don't need to progress
i dont see this as a problem since this is more of a collectathon than your average mario game

i dont see this as a problem since this is more of a collectathon than your average mario game
i feel like it would dilute the appeal of moons, though
in previous games, collecting stars/shines felt like an accomplishment

if moons were handed out like candy (like they supposedly are) i feel like getting them will just feel like "oh neat i guess"

if moons were handed out like candy (like they supposedly are) i feel like getting them will just feel like "oh neat i guess"
In my experience, I've seen several moons hidden cleverly around the game which took logic to obtain. Remember that this game should be playable by anyone and not just die hard Mario fans that want to collect every little thing.
Also, 19 hours after buying the game, I have beat it (at least the main game, anyway). GG. Really thought the game was fun, and hey, I still have like 10000000 moons and other stuff to collect, too.

I really like the original super Mario bros references

Apparently the game is way to short.

the main game, at least for me, took (very roughly) 14 hours of gameplay to complete. this is actually quite some time to complete the game (especially since this time can be much longer as not everyone is going to beat the entire game in a couple of sittings by simply searching for the moons you need to go to the next area, like i did), and even after you complete the whole main story, the game is definitely not over; the challenge actually begins to ramp up as you go off to collect all the moons and other collectibles in the game, which is really damn difficult to pull off.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 04:43:20 PM by Mr Queeba »

okay

you can spend 60 dollars getting loving nintendo games that are stuff

or i can spend 40 dollars getting arma 3 or dayz and have about 20x the content

literally nintendo games are so repetitive it makes me wanna tear my eyes out

the main game, at least for me, took (very roughly) 14 hours of gameplay to complete. this is actually quite some time to complete the game (especially since this time can be much longer as not everyone is going to beat the entire game in a couple of sittings by simply searching for the moons you need to go to the next area, like i did), and even after you complete the whole main story, the game is definitely not over; the challenge actually begins to ramp up as you go off to collect all the moons and other collectibles in the game, which is really damn difficult to pull off.

My friend said he beat it in 8 hours and thats with collecting a stuff ton of optional stuff.

How many levels does the game have?

okay

you can spend 60 dollars getting loving nintendo games that are stuff

or i can spend 40 dollars getting arma 3 or dayz and have about 20x the content

literally nintendo games are so repetitive it makes me wanna tear my eyes out
this is only intelligent thing youve ever said

is it worth buying a switch for this or nah

is it worth buying a switch for this or nah
depends, are you also interested in BotW, Splatoon 2, MK8 Deluxe, or other switch games

Hey kids I heard you wanted a game with good content, a good story and even coop.

Saints Row 2 buy now from some forgetin place i dunno

There's literally only a small handful of moons I've come across so far that are just easily lying about, the vast majority requires you to go about a challenge or task to get them.
I've heard the vast bulk of content is in the post game which many people have been touting so I hope the game lives up to that.
How many levels does the game have?
17 with 3 or those being dedicated to boss battle so 14 in reality.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 10:29:54 PM by ThatDarkNinja778 »