Author Topic: Decent Smoke Grenade  (Read 3417 times)

milkshape

You know when you assign Materials to your shapes right? You load a specific Texture from your Blockland/Addons/Shapes folder and then assign that material with the loaded texture to any of your shapes in the model. Well, there are 4 basic textures that will be Color Shiftable (i.e. can change color according to the Color Shift value in the Weapon_smokeGrenade.cs script). These 4 textures are Blank , Black25 , Black50 , and Black 75 . So using these textures, if I want one weapon to have a blue grenade model and another different weapon to have a green grenade model, and if the grenade model use Blank through Black75 as the textures then I'll be able to simply change the colorshift value in the script for a blue grenade and in the other weapon script for a green grenade without having to actually go through the hassle of changing the textures of the model in Milkshape from a blue texture to a green texture.

Here are what the textures basically do
Blank - Full colorshift color
Black25 - darker colorshift color
Black50 - darker still colorshift color
Black75 - darkest colorshift color
Do you see what I mean? So you can assign, let's say, Blank to the bulk of the model, and then the darker textures to some details as an example. These will appear as invisible, transparent and what not in Milkshape, but in game, with colorshift enabled, they will take on whatever the value of Colorshift is.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2007, 07:01:21 PM by Muffinmix »

why dont you just ask theGeek for his modle. and next can you do a flash granade. it puts out a large & fast flash of light that last about half a second. and it stuns people like the tazor dose

why dont you just ask theGeek for his modle. and next can you do a flash granade. it puts out a large & fast flash of light that last about half a second. and it stuns people like the tazor dose

Why do you have to bump a 4 month old topic?

i got a link to it from a difrent topic. and yay 4  month new self record

thanks to this everyone thinks i stole my smoke nade i made it handicaps!!

thanks to this everyone thinks i stole my smoke nade i made it handicaps!!

LOL, well, since there are alot of grenades out there, i find it hard to believe you.

Make decent teargas also.

kellan yours looks just like this one almost exactly

ok just looked again. there are alot of diffrences in the codeing. but they produce the same result.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2008, 08:40:13 PM by General Omega »