Author Topic: Sharpen (aka "Bloom")  (Read 3468 times)

It might be possible....I know with enough engine edits it's possible
Badspot could you look into it? im sure if you got it ingame i would PAY you another $20...

For those who do not know what bloom is, i made a little picture for you...

The lighting in that screenshot is alittle off since i did do it in photoshop... Alittle detail: in some games that run off of DX9 or DX10 they made a live video filter that can run ingame with little to no extra lag called 'Sharpen' or somtimes 'Bloom'. This makes it look realer.

Abit more accurate DX9 bloom on... forgot the engine name....

Good idea.
Yea...bloom is not like that unless everything around you is white...

But what would be the point of this?
Some people might like how it looks, but for some other people they might just think its usless. It might be nice for screen shots or some sort of comics...
Edit: I looked more at the pictures you posted, and wouldnt it look a bit weird in blockland?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2008, 12:00:55 AM by The Grim Reaper »

Bloom is good if you don't abuse it (Valve), some of the main problems with games nower days is every thing is so shiny and bright that it passes real-life and a half.

I think I'd have to agree with others in saying that it is all too often overused, and it does sort've seem out of place in Blockland, where there is usually no visible sun.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2008, 05:16:00 PM by Mike951 »

Bloom is good if you don't abuse it (Valve), some of the main problems with games nower days is every thing is so shiny and bright that it passes real-life and a half.
valve did abuse it...

If Badspot is going to do serious engine changes like this would be, I would much rather him do something like fix the transparency ordering issue.

just looks like someone gone nuts with the glow effect in paint.net, or photoshop take your pick

just looks like someone gone nuts with the glow effect in paint.net, or photoshop take your pick
GTFO you handicap.