recreating a level from hotline miami, how would i make the boss?

Author Topic: recreating a level from hotline miami, how would i make the boss?  (Read 1557 times)

so im making the hotline miami chapter decadence in game, and i was wondering if its possible to have one person selected as the thug/producer after all other players are dead
currently im using slayer one man army and i have jacket set as the boss role, but i don't know if this would conflict or w/e

heres a diagram for help

so youre sayin having three teams: jacket, mobs, boss, all with one life. once jacket kills all the mobs, one player transfers to the boss team?

i havent worked with slayer much so cant help much there, but you could just have two teams, and have the first player that dies respawn in the boss room and all other players respawn in a different room

so youre sayin having three teams: jacket, mobs, boss, all with one life. once jacket kills all the mobs, one player transfers to the boss team?
correct
i havent worked with slayer much so cant help much there, but you could just have two teams, and have the first player that dies respawn in the boss room and all other players respawn in a different room
thats the thing though i dont know how to do that, i was asking if anybody could tell me if theres events to do it with or w/e so i can make it myself

sorry for bumping this again but i forgot to mention would it be possible to have certain spawn points give players weapons when they spawn there (i.e. a knife or an uzi)

i tried using swollows onPlayerSpawn but like it bugs out with the additem event and basically gives you a blank space in your inventory, but for whatever reason with the drop items on death addon it drops the gun with the rest of the stuff so idk

maybe onminigamereset instead?

maybe onminigamereset instead?
that COULD work, like if i did onminigamereset<self<spawnitem, but then it would make it so if that spot was empty people would rush to it to get the weapon
that could be solved if i increase the item despawn time but then dropped weapons from the other mobsters would despawn almost instantly and it would make some of the masks super frustrating to use
« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 02:46:15 PM by torin² »

that COULD work, like if i did onminigamereset<self<spawnitem, but then it would make it so if that spot was empty people would rush to it to get the weapon
that could be solved if i increase the item despawn time but then dropped weapons from the other mobsters would despawn almost instantly and it would make some of the masks super frustrating to use
OR you could have everyone be trapped at spawn for i dunno maybe 5 seconds to give items time to despawn, do this via setcollide bricks around the spawn

OR you could have everyone be trapped at spawn for i dunno maybe 5 seconds to give items time to despawn, do this via setcollide bricks around the spawn
i guess i could try that, i already planned on locking all the doors for a couple seconds to keep people from camping the doorway where jacket spawns while hes picking a mask
now i just gotta figure out how to add the boss without loving everything up