These false reviews need to stop.

Author Topic: These false reviews need to stop.  (Read 14708 times)

If a thousand people bought Blockland 2 right now for 20 dollars that would be 20,000 not counting steam's cut, not counting taxes, not counting the engine's cut, not counting additional cuts, not counting man hours spent on developing the update.

20,000 sounds nice on paper until you factor in the cuts.

It is truly a shame that Blockland keeps getting reviews like these due to the changes of V21, i can understand the frustration and why some new players would be driven away from the game but how can we counter these reviews?

but how can we counter these reviews?
I guess the most we can do is report them or rate them as not helpful, you can click the reviewer's name to see the option to flag the review

If a thousand people bought Blockland 2 right now for 20 dollars that would be 20,000 not counting steam's cut, not counting taxes, not counting the engine's cut, not counting additional cuts, not counting man hours spent on developing the update.

20,000 sounds nice on paper until you factor in the cuts.
20,000 doesn't even sound nice on paper. It could be up to a few years of work for something that would only give him a few months worth of living.

Buy a Blockland shirt and you too can be in a exclusive secret club that only a few people know about! Prepare for the once in a lifetime chance when you meet a fellow blocklander on the street!

IMPRESS YOUR FRIENDS!

would be cool!

20,000 doesn't even sound nice on paper. It could be up to a few years of work for something that would only give him a few months worth of living.

Exactly.

So when people here say "we'll buy blockland 2" it literally doesn't mean much. The community is so small their money won't make much of an impact.

Assuming it was well-made it would get more than 1000 sales tho. People still buy the game today. How many copies have been sold since it went on Steam?
Also worth noting that he makes enough money to live comfortably between Blockland and his other source so it's not like this would be a wasted investment of time; just something he could work on occasionally. I'm sure he could get volunteer help from modders and stuff here, too.