Sonic Forces released. Unsurpisingly bad.

Author Topic: Sonic Forces released. Unsurpisingly bad.  (Read 8963 times)

the game sucks as expected noone is suprised what do you think though how much does it suck on a scale of 1 to 10.
cluttered with glitches and laziness
game is super autopilot and bad it only looks pretty
heres a review
https://youtu.be/ienpFTh2Lvo
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 08:53:57 PM by crazies alt »

"cluttered with glitches and laziness"
Wheres your proof that its "cluttered with glitches"
I've seen little to none glitches and i haven't even seen any glitches in the review.
"game is super autopilot and bad it only looks pretty"
That its far from the truth, its not "super autopilot"
I can see people saying about that for modern sonic's stages that's mostly modern sonic stages but its not "super autopilot"
You play as the custom character and classic sonic which gameplay is far from being autopilot.

I would say the game is above average but its far from bad and its far from being extremely good.

I don't even have the game but i seen enough to know that what you said isn't 100% the truth.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 09:07:59 PM by Superbro11 »

The only thing worse than forced tutorials is forced tutorials that stop you every 5 seconds

The only thing worse than forced tutorials is forced tutorials that stop you every 5 seconds
You can turn off the hint/tutorial question marks in the settings along with the dialogue which is nice.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 09:08:48 PM by Superbro11 »

It's like Nintendo Hates money.

Ya piss off your fans, you piss off your money.
Ya piss off your reviewers, you piss away your money.
all they have to do is piss off everyone else, and they're back in Wii U Territory.

Honestly, it's stuff like this that made me wish the 3DS tanked along with the Wii U.

If their mentally disabled cousin sega can figure this stuff out, why can't they?

Sure, they've done dumb stuff, and it took them hitting the same wall two or three times to learn a lesson, but they learned it.

It took Nintendo 20 loving years to learn to not market a product to children, through advertising to children directly.

It took sega two rushed games to go "Oh stuff, maybe we shouldn't rush our forgetin games." Sure nintendo never rushes their games, But nintendo gets off by loving over fan games to "Protect their copyright" but any real infringement to their copyright, like 45% of the play store or anything similar to that, they back off of. Nintendo targets their fans to get the pass on "We protected our copyright" so they can show any possible REAL future infingement conflicts that they "Did it before".

Sega seems to have no issue with protecting their copyright without acting like any fan who dares to touch their precious copyrighted material in any way, shape or form is a loving MONSTER, and they have to - HAVE TO - Erase it IMMEDIATLEY lest they lose ownership to their games.

Those loving raving autists who say "Well Nintendo's just protecting their copyright" can get forgeted. Nintendo's using their fans as fuel to protect themselves from LARGER infringements in the future, instead of targeting other infringing software that is actually making a profit, because they might have to spend a dime.

Poor, Unbelievably wealthy Nintendo. Can't target the dangerous Play Store infringment, those random forgets in Russia and China might actually try to fight back. And with their shekels combined they form a possible threat to your pocket money.

TL;DR If Nintendo keeps treating their fans like Criminals and their Criminals like a higher class than themselves, they will loving die.

What does this have to do which the thread, thats just a rant about how nintendo deals with fangames and (indirectly) uses sega allowing fangame creators make sonic mania/letting people go wild with their own fangames as a point?
Just asking, sorry if i sound a little rude.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 09:25:37 PM by Superbro11 »

"It took sega two rushed games to go 'Oh stuff, maybe we shouldn't rush our forgetin games.'"
PRETTY forgetIN IRONIC NOW THAT YOU SAY IT, EH?

https://youtu.be/Pd2YEJ5REEo?t=49
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTc0CO8_RuQ
i mean a quick glance can show you all of the stuff tropes that make 3d, 2.5, whatever, bad - on-rails levels that force u to a single confined path where you just dahs through enemies and explosions. theres no seperate path to take or anything interesting to do, just one single linear path. it seems to me 60% of the budget in this game went into making the levels look pretty but they left out so much with the character animations and enemies hardly have any AI at all its very stupid and dissapointing for what could have been a good game (though i saw these clear flaws from the start)
heres a video showing off enemy laziness VS other games https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffhazsPkbq4
honestly it doesnt take alot to tell they've gotten lazy

I give it a 6. The classic sonic sections were loving perfect. Only issues is the music? The composer is stuff for classic sonic stages. Modern sonic was made worse, why? No loving clue, Colors and Generations proved that the gameplay can be great if LEVEL DESIGN and MOVEMENTS are tweaked. Seriously, modern sonic is like 95% on rails, then when you do have to control him, he moves like a loving autistic child. I'm not gonna even go into the custom character stages, Im mortified. I can't wait to randomly pick up this game again in the future and basically play ONLY the classic sonic sections and pretend in my forgeted up head that there is no other way to play the game, only classic sonic.

What does this have to do which the thread, thats just a rant about how nintendo deals with fangames and (indirectly) uses sega allowing fangame creators make sonic mania/letting people go wild with their own fangames as a point?
Just asking, sorry if i sound a little rude.
Not only is there a part  that isn't about fangames at all, hence,
"It took sega two rushed games to go 'Oh stuff, maybe we shouldn't rush our forgetin games.'"
PRETTY forgetIN IRONIC NOW THAT YOU SAY IT, EH?

But even the original context, and like, the first half of the post aren't even about fangames at all.

then when you do have to control him, he moves like a loving autistic child.
Is it me or thats is a very similar quote a review stated.
https://youtu.be/Pd2YEJ5REEo?t=49
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTc0CO8_RuQ
i mean a quick glance can show you all of the stuff tropes that make 3d, 2.5, whatever, bad - on-rails levels that force u to a single confined path where you just dahs through enemies and explosions. theres no seperate path to take or anything interesting to do, just one single linear path. it seems to me 60% of the budget in this game went into making the levels look pretty but they left out so much with the character animations and enemies hardly have any AI at all its very stupid and dissapointing for what could have been a good game (though i saw these clear flaws from the start)
heres a video showing off enemy laziness VS other games https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffhazsPkbq4
honestly it doesnt take alot to tell they've gotten lazy
to be fair both were demo footage and the chance of experiencing them is very minimal, i kinda dissagree with the enemy ai part, thats just for the first level and you are expected to boost through them or smash them fast.

I dont think the game is utter dog stuff but okay i feel like they played it way too safe. It was a huge mistake to have rookies design the levels which is a big part of the games downfall, however some levels are alright and some are good but with much better level designers the game could have been WAY better.

isn't this game like
2 hours without cutsenes

its sad that thanks to this game the sonic cycle continues

i was really hoping this game could have gotten a 7 or an 8, but no, it got worse

and the game... the only thing special about it is the character customization, but the rest of it is really dissapointing

they made newbies in sonic team design the levels
spoilers:you dont get to fight chaos and shadow in the game, only metal sonic and zavok, and the third battle with infinite is just a reskin of metal sonic fight, and the final phase of the final boss is basically the same boss from sonic colors and sonic lost world, and classic sonic has like, really bad physics, also the story is really confusing and only a few levels are good, episode shadow does not seem to make this game better

anyways im super hearthbroken right now and i hope sega fires the entire sonic team and gets a good studio that can make a good sonic game

seems the same as every other rehashed 3d sonic game, run in a line and spam the attack button + whatever gimmick they decide to throw in, this ones being the Create A Fursona ((tm))

dissapointing failure, not at all surprising