Author Topic: aircraft problems  (Read 772 times)

I'm trying to figure out how to add emitters when thrust is applied to a vehicle. I've come across some scripts that only apply emitters when the vehicle reaches a certain speed (which is kind of a cheap way to do it) but I'd like for the emitter to display when hitting W. Is there any way to do this?
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 10:15:05 PM by kez »

I'm trying to figure out how to add emitters when thrust is applied to a vehicle. I've come across some scripts that only apply emitters when the vehicle reaches a certain speed (which is kind of a cheap way to do it) but I'd like for the emitter to display when hitting W. Is there any way to do this?
not without a serversided DLL to capture movement input. there's no default callbacks for whenever someone presses a movement button.

Ok, and I have another question thats slightly unrelated. I made an aircraft and when I spawn it ingame it starts rolling away forward by itself. I tried editing the massCenter values and editing the placement of the model itself using ms3d but it still moves away, and when the aircraft is flying and you roll/bank it jerks up and down in a wierd way.

I managed to center the model but now when I spawn it the wheels spawn in the ground. Why is this happening?
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 10:16:12 PM by kez »