Author Topic: can't ping my own computers on my network at all, help  (Read 586 times)

first attempt is pinging the server i'm working on. as expected it works fine.
second attempt is pinging my computer. nothing goes through.
third attempt is pinging my phone, which also doesn't go through.
fourth attempt is pinging the router, which suspiciously works.

i don't know what to do. i've tried pinging other computers and it just doesn't feel like cooperating, i don't even see anything appearing in my network places area.

it could be the fact that my mom has some bullstuff MAC address timer crap that's so loving annoying, and she refuses to remove it no matter what i tell her or ask her

it's kind of stuffty when i can't even ping my own computers or transfer files to them, especially when i'm working with a server and need remote desktop connections to manage stuff

any help would be appreciated, i know some of you run servers and networks, windows or not

by "your own computer" do you mean a separate machine or the same machine

because you cant ping your own machine unless you use localhost or 127.0.0.1 iirc

by "your own computer" do you mean a separate machine or the same machine

because you cant ping your own machine unless you use localhost or 127.0.0.1 iirc

all of them are separate machines
pinging my own static IP worked fine though

223 and 97 arent the ips of the devices you're trying to reach. If they were and you are on the same network, it will return a different message than unreachable

Try checking the devices settings for their ips, or check the router's firmware for the device ips that are connected to that network
« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 07:16:38 PM by PhantOS »

223 and 97 arent the ips of the devices you're trying to reach. If they were and you are on the same network, it will return a different message than unreachable

Try checking the devices settings for their ips, or check the router's firmware for the device ips that are connected to that network

they literally are though?? i checked several times, literally writing it down so i'm not sure what the deal is

You went to 192.168.1.1 on your browser and checked all connected devices?